Identifying cracked pipe?

Vard3n

Good morning, guys and girls.

I've only recently brought my Leon Cupra. After only owning N/A cars it's been a pleasure driving something with forced induction :).

My question is this, i've just been poking about under the bonnet and making myself familiar with the VAG engine and I came across this pipe ---->

http://img412.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1000094fh1.jpg

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/3381/1000096hm2.jpg

(sorry I couldn't get any images to work, strangly?)

I'M not too sure what its function is and whether or not its a majo problem that it is cracked. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks, Liam.

Last edited by a moderator:

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Good morning, guys and girls.

I've only recently brought my Leon Cupra. After only owning N/A cars it's been a pleasure driving something with forced induction :).

My question is this, i've just been poking about under the bonnet and making myself familiar with the VAG engine and I came across this pipe -->

1000094fh1.jpg

1000096hm2.th.jpg

I'M not too sure what its function is and whether or not its a majo problem that it is cracked. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks, Liam.

It's the oil breather pipe. You'll need to get a new one (or one from a scrapyard)

Vard3n

Thanks, Dave.

It's due for a service soon, so i'll let them know. But after having a look in the pipe it looks like its been broke for quite some time. So i take it that it isnt highly crucial ?

Thanks.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Thanks, Dave.

It's due for a service soon, so i'll let them know. But after having a look in the pipe it looks like its been broke for quite some time. So i take it that it isnt highly crucial ?

Thanks.

You'll get crap all over the top of the engine and the smell isn't good. You may be able to seal it with some tape temporarily.

Welcome to the forum, BTW. :)

afcajax73

Jun 9, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
this happened to mine, costly as feck! my advice is go to VW with same part number, i was getting alot of fumes in the cab aswell so best get it sorted asap.

VW charged 23+vat
seat was 38+vat
EXACTLY same pipe.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise