IDLE PROBLEMS pls help UPDATE!

Vin-R

Oct 2, 2008
Midlands
Hi guys,

was wondering if any of you could help, my LCR is playing up at the moment.

basically, over the last few days ive been getting this intermittent problem when i start the engine. as soon as it fires up, the rev needle shoots to 2k and just stays there, and then very slowly comes down to 1k. then, when i tap the accelerator it goes through the revs really lumpy, almost like the cars misfiring or something.

At first i thought it might be the automatic choke or something ?? but this is happening even after ive been on a long drive. If i stop anywhere and switch off. 9 times out of 10 when i start her up again, the revs shoot up to 2k and the same thing happens again? its like sum1s got their foot on the pedal and is holding it 2k then slowly letting off ??

Then, my wife broke down today, the car wouldnt start after ignition ? but started again soon after? the car should have had its 70k service. it was last done at 59k and is now just past 72k. its booked in tomorrow.

Cna anyone shed some light on this ??? thanks

Last edited:

Lewis225

Barney Mad
May 30, 2008
Frome
idle

I to am currantly suffering with this. Mine is o.k when it's cold but when it's warm I have the exact symptoms as above, I thought it may have been the maf. I got a full service soon so was hoping that would sort it. If not it will be replaced with the snapped alloy (snow) and missing front splitter (snow):censored:

Binksy

Leon Cupra
Nov 27, 2009
Norwich
I think its your MAF sensor too. I had this issue when it was my MAF! I think lots of people/users have this issue due to weather keep us updated m8.

Last edited:

Vin-R

Oct 2, 2008
Midlands
Hey guys! had the service done today, and they very kindly vagcom'd the car too. Turns out is was a "Temperature Sensor" causing the idling problems etc, so for now theyve cleared the fault, and ill see if it comes back, if it does the sensors not very expensive so it can easily be replaced.

cheers for all ya help

Vin

Vin-R

Oct 2, 2008
Midlands
Hey guys! Got the temp sensor now, its gettin bad now, normal start is ok, but if i stop somewhere, when i switch back on ie today, revs shot up to 2.5k!

Question is, once the new sensor is fitted, will the fault need clearing in order for the car to run right again???

Cheers

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.