idle speed lc?

lynchy

Aug 23, 2009
Newcastle
i was wondering what your leon cupra 180s idle at? just mine seems quite fast and takes a long time to drop down the revs??

car is totally standard

lynchy

Aug 23, 2009
Newcastle
It seemed ok to be honest. temp gauge etc is working. where is the sensor located? just incase its a bad connection etc. thanks.

higgsy regulato

Thats funny, mine when cold starts at 1200rpm and lasts 1 minute all the time then settles at 720rpm.the trouble i have is when the car is left longer then 4hours this happens if you try and drive befor the minute is up you have no chance it stutters the revs drop that low it, it should stall,i try to help it out with the throttle but its dead,so i have no oppition to turn it off restart it and wait.when the minute is over you can hear the car release pressure,ts as if the car has its own elec choke[:@]

higgsy regulato

just latley the car never gets warm,it used to sit at 90 after 10 mins ,now 45 i did put to much coolant in over max. the engine mangangment light has never come on in the mornings, but it did when stuck in traffic faults where running rich and throttle body pressure drop. garage changed maf sensor and smoke tested the pipes no leek. i told them the problem in the mornings they hadn't got a clue,trying to tell me its my forge 007p and the jabba sport induc kit for the light coming on.

when yours idle does the revs move,mine only down like a little cough.

thanks for the input,iam reading alot about it.seems sensors and valves dont have a long shelf life.

its been in and out of the garage all week all i get is, nice car!

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
If all thats fails worth looking at the PAS sensor in the high pressure line on the PAS pump.

This steps up the idle to compensate for full load on the pump, sometimes the spring pops up and defaults to full load.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise