IHI POWER!! Booked in at Jabba

aidy.t

IHI'd LCR
Nov 19, 2006
Huntingdon,Cambs
Finally after alot of consideration and saving, i have today booked my LCR in at Jabba to have there IHI conversion. The car goes in on Tuesday 13th Feb and i am so looking forward to it!. :funk: Nick tells me that the car will be with them for only a few days and im hoping to have it back by Saturday. The only thing is that i will be picking the car up with a base map so i can run the turbo in for 100 miles or so, also they can check for coolant leaks etc. I have booked car to go back to them a week later to have the new remap done. I have gone for the IHI VF34.20 turbo with their own adjustable boost control aswell as other parts associated with the conversion. I will keep you guys informed on how the progress is going and my thoughts when i get it back on IHI power! :drive1:

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
running in?

since when running in turbo?

no pistons, rods, bearings or anything being fitted are there?

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Been quoted £4100 all in. Alot of money :cry: but hopefully alot of power! :D

Have you already got FMIC/Exhaust/Induction and uprated clutch?

What will jabba peg boost and power at to save the rods? 330, 340?

Should be good mate, keep us informed:)

aidy.t

IHI'd LCR
Nov 19, 2006
Huntingdon,Cambs
running in?

since when running in turbo?

no pistons, rods, bearings or anything being fitted are there?

They told me to take the turbo easy for 100 miles or so, i suppose its like bedding in the turbo, not to sure really?
No internals at this stage as they are going run lowish boost for now, they quote around 340-350bhp with std internals. Havent got all the cash together yet for internals but i am planing it very soon. I know how important it is to have the internals done, and it is in my budget to be done. Just want to get used to 340/ 350 bhp first!! :-o

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
They told me to take the turbo easy for 100 miles or so, i suppose its like bedding in the turbo, not to sure really?
No internals at this stage as they are going run lowish boost for now, they quote around 340-350bhp with std internals. Havent got all the cash together yet for internals but i am planing it very soon. I know how important it is to have the internals done, and it is in my budget to be done. Just want to get used to 340/ 350 bhp first!! :-o

:think: running in turbo... :whistle:

enjoy.. it will be fun. :D

aidy.t

IHI'd LCR
Nov 19, 2006
Huntingdon,Cambs
Have you already got FMIC/Exhaust/Induction and uprated clutch?

What will jabba peg boost and power at to save the rods? 330, 340?

Should be good mate, keep us informed:)

Already have the Jabba FMIC and a cat back Milltek exhaust system. Just going for a panel filter as i think the std air box is up to the job. Jabba rekon 340-350 bhp on std internals as they are very strong, about 1.3-1.4 bar of boost. Also regarding the clutch, im keeping it standard for now but for sure i will be getting it replaced quite soon with a sachs unit. Getting the internals done quite soon aswell, then we will see the full potential of what the VF34.20 can acheive! :D

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Already have the Jabba FMIC and a cat back Milltek exhaust system. Just going for a panel filter as i think the std air box is up to the job. Jabba rekon 340-350 bhp on std internals as they are very strong, about 1.3-1.4 bar of boost. Also regarding the clutch, im keeping it standard for now but for sure i will be getting it replaced quite soon with a sachs unit. Getting the internals done quite soon aswell, then we will see the full potential of what the VF34.20 can acheive! :D

360 odd bhp i believe songmans IHI is running but there are a lot of sceptics out there that disclaim that the IHI unit is capable of such power.

I suppose an independant rolling road run somewhere else away from jabbasport will prove or disclaim these figures:)

I would imagine they'll try and peg you at 330-340 on standards as the last thing you want is a rod giving way.

Clutch will go pretty quick i would think, remapped LCR's struggle, never mind IHI powered 1's lol:D

Dont you need sports cat for this conversion or is that included in your £4100 price?:)

aidy.t

IHI'd LCR
Nov 19, 2006
Huntingdon,Cambs
360 odd bhp i believe songmans IHI is running but there are a lot of sceptics out there that disclaim that the IHI unit is capable of such power.

I suppose an independant rolling road run somewhere else away from jabbasport will prove or disclaim these figures:)

I would imagine they'll try and peg you at 330-340 on standards as the last thing you want is a rod giving way.

Clutch will go pretty quick i would think, remapped LCR's struggle, never mind IHI powered 1's lol:D

Dont you need sports cat for this conversion or is that included in your £4100 price?:)

Thats my only worry something giving way like a rod or valve, but Jabbas assured me that it will be ok, there pegging the power and torque back to compensate for that until i go for the strengthning work on the engine. The larger downpipe and 100 cell sports cat is in with the price. Thank goodness! :funk:

bbm

ihi vf34 isn't it the same turbo as for impreza sti?
tuner for impreza are arguing there can not be produced more than 380-390 hp from 2.0L impreza engine;

how much power can be obtained with 1.8 engine + ihi vf 34?

PS: I am also on the way to a ihi conversion with stock internals

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
yeah i agree bill as mines been peaking at nearly 2 bar since day 1;)

lol and yet there are more with failed units than reliable ones form bearings going south. go figure. luck of the draw or dodgy quality units from China perhaps? Anyhows, you only go 1/4 mile at a time Steve :p, albeit very quickly :D
(never had a bearing failure myself)

Last edited:

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
ihi vf34 isn't it the same turbo as for impreza sti?
tuner for impreza are arguing there can not be produced more than 380-390 hp from 2.0L impreza engine;

how much power can be obtained with 1.8 engine + ihi vf 34?

PS: I am also on the way to a ihi conversion with stock internals

Depends on how hard you are prepared to push it is'nt it.
VF34 is going to run out of puff mid to high 300's even on P20 housing, running it hard

aidy.t

IHI'd LCR
Nov 19, 2006
Huntingdon,Cambs
Wow thats some BHP...
any torque figures?
Will the LCR handle ok with all that power?
im so jealous keep us posted!!

With standard internals Jabba rekons about 330-340lbft, but with modified rods and stronger valves they can then push the bhp and the torque levels as high as the turbo for that size will allow! :-o
I hope the LCR will handle the power increase, i will just have to wait and see. :drive2: I have sorted out the shocks and springs in mind for this conversion though.
Will keep you all posted...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.