IHI POWER!! Booked in at Jabba

Yumann

May 17, 2002
Glasgow
you want a nice little setup like this :D :p
badger-mani-V2-2-small.jpg

badger5-ceram-mani-2.jpg

:thumbup:

Talk race... talking 'proven' race - actual race, not road blast every now and then affair like most.

:)

Consider increasing capacity if wanting a full on motor... by bore and or stroke combined. It will open up the options for bigger turbo's with significant gains in spool and tip in response.
extra bore makes a big difference to deshrouding 2 of the inlet valves... add some stroke from a eurospec type 2ltr crank and its a really good starting point for GT35 and very drivable (in 4wd platform!)

I like that a lot and respect to the guy who makes it!

No plans of going bigger bore/stroke.

So do you have these in stock? Just considering my options.

myk3

Dec 16, 2005
You rekon as big as that?

How easy will it be to use day to day?

easy as pie. below 4k it will have good fuel conomy.

then if you want to push it any think from around 4k at WOT and on is turbo zone! which will give you a good bit of whiplash i would assume.

im in the same boat with my turbo. normal drving it like any other. but when i want to make it move just floor it, any thing after 4k or so is where full spool is and pull hard to red line.

you wont have any issues, its great

myk3

Dec 16, 2005

yah you can see that is great quality! i would like to know how much the mani and the DP is.

i may go gt30 or so in a yr or so...

i spoke to JBS but there not much help when you want to install things yourself [:@]

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk

No they're made to order and ££ ker-ching due to who makes em & its quality.
your capacity at 1781cc is what will define your turbo spec vs spool....
maybe not as big as said earlier unless you are happy with 4K-8K power band

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
yah you can see that is great quality! i would like to know how much the mani and the DP is.

i may go gt30 or so in a yr or so...

i spoke to JBS but there not much help when you want to install things yourself [:@]

Quality is mint...
Fabricator is supplier to WRC and Red Bull Racing - Primary Designs worked with me on the shape, fitment, and jigging to tool up to make more.

these are made to order.

Main thread in badger5 section here>> http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=96316

Yumann

May 17, 2002
Glasgow
No they're made to order and ££ ker-ching due to who makes em & its quality.
your capacity at 1781cc is what will define your turbo spec vs spool....
maybe not as big as said earlier unless you are happy with 4K-8K power band

Any need to have the car?

myk3

Dec 16, 2005
so around 1500ish for the dp and mani, then all thats needed is a turbo and inlet which prob can be made up with forge silicone shapes and 3" metal pipes

looks pretty good option. i think i may look in to this next yr!

GT2871R with the T3 flange makes over 400 BHP right. looking at the vortex users posts. though full boost under 4k which is nice.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
so around 1500ish for the dp and mani, then all thats needed is a turbo and inlet which prob can be made up with forge silicone shapes and 3" metal pipes

looks pretty good option. i think i may look in to this next yr!

GT2871R with the T3 flange makes over 400 BHP right. looking at the vortex users posts. though full boost under 4k which is nice.

nice spool up on the equal length mani's also..

myk3

Dec 16, 2005
good stuff. looking at the exit of the DP you have a 3 hole triangular flange. how would this bolt up to my miltek cat back?? or does it mean i will have to get the rest custom done and get a cat welded in or bolted in so i can remove it after MOT ;)

Yumann

May 17, 2002
Glasgow
good stuff. looking at the exit of the DP you have a 3 hole triangular flange. how would this bolt up to my miltek cat back?? or does it mean i will have to get the rest custom done and get a cat welded in or bolted in so i can remove it after MOT ;)

The dp comes down and meets the cat.

myk3

Dec 16, 2005
shite sorry i meant to say that the DP and the CAT are all on the same pipe.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk

you would flange the front end of your miltek to suit. I can supply the flanges. cut miltek one off, weld badger one on. easy peasy

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
it wont on the miltek. the DP and cat back is all 1 peice.

you have a choice as i have done to customer car. sell your existing DP and cat combo or cut your cat out of your existing DP and weld a flange to the front of it to mate up to the new DP

this is an entirely different league turbo remember.

myk3

Dec 16, 2005
my plan would to be to sell my current DP and cat combo

then ask you to make me the DP with the 3 bolt flange, then something like a stock CAT welded to a pipe with the 3 flange connection on it

then have the same lenght pipe again but with no CAT at all.

this will allow me to swap the 2 for MOT.

both these pipes would slip inside the milltek catback then secure with a clamp

is this possible?!

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
my plan would to be to sell my current DP and cat combo

then ask you to make me the DP with the 3 bolt flange, then something like a stock CAT welded to a pipe with the 3 flange connection on it

then have the same lenght pipe again but with no CAT at all.

this will allow me to swap the 2 for MOT.

both these pipes would slip inside the milltek catback then secure with a clamp

is this possible?!

stock cat would be baby small.. 3" on DP, and would need to sleeve down to your exhaust (2.5" yes?)
std cat would be small outlet and also need sleeve to go up to a 2.5" exhaust.
by the time this is all welded together vs a 3" race cat, I doubt there would be much ££ in it, and no need to swap cat for decat.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.