Im back... With a Cupra TDi !! (And the old member used to be on here!)

Hey folks!

Im back... After a short while away from a Cupra... 4 days actually :happy:

I bought a Ibiza Cupra TDi, Black, it's a 2007 (07) and has done 20,300 miles

I actually had to get it transported from Penzance to Essex - yes the measures I go through to get the right car!!! But worth it in the end!

I think the previous owner was on here, as there is a Seat Cupra Net sticker on the back window lol, would be nice to find out if so :)

No point me posting pics, it's a standard Black Cupra, just like my previous 4 Cupras(2MK3's 2 MK4's now!)
It has the newer logos on the seats / flag on gearknob / aux in etc.

Finding it different to the petrol Cupra...

It didn't feel that fast to me, but then I had a remapped Cupra before this, so will probably have to remap this :) I've only driven it a mile so far though! :)

Noise is a bit loud on idle, but during driving not audible at all, in fact, no different to petrol in my view.

When idling, if I press the clutch in it is louder the engine makes a much louder noise - not sure if this is normal? There is still some warranty left so if not I can get that checked out.

Filled up, £50 of diesel so will see how many miles I get from that!

Sean :)

Apr 27, 2008
i find my cupra tdi makes less noise when i press the clutch in :shrug: i have got a sach clutch in though so its maybe that.

welcome back by the way :D

got anything mods planned?

Hmmm! I will check that out, I was sitting in traffic earlier and noticed it, thought it should be the opposite to making noise when you dip the clutch too!

Plans are definately a remap, I bought this to save me trips to the petrol station but a remap is really a 'must do' job :D

I have a Green panel filter from my previous 180 Cupra, believe they are the same size so will do a change of that tommorow :D

And fit all my previous stereo stuff from the last Cupra, I have the stealth shelf, and the wires i'd custom made along with speaker wire adaptors for the rears, so I can just plug and play!
Fitting the head unit from before too (Alpine bluetooth - great HU by the way and was only about £170)

Will get my car booked into SEAT before the warranty expires to check that clutch noise though!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise