I'm follwing suit

sargey

Escaped mental patient
Aug 16, 2006
Weston-super-crapland
I wasnt planning on buying anythin else for my car, but after much consideration and pondering if i should or not....ive bought some facelift bumpers

thanks to Smiff i picked em up friday after 7 long hours to stoke on trent and back

they were a bit skaggy, small puncture in the back one, a couple of dents and some creasing beside the number plate and pillar or curb scratches on the front side accompanied with lots of stone chips

but for £170 im laughing, ive got all the gear to fix em up as i do it for a living so heres the progress so far

only the front so far, the backs in filler

filled and sanded waiting for primer
DSC00668.jpg

primed in high build grey primer
DSC00669.jpg

once i have the back done ill wet flat them both, then paint with some white paint and then paint them the right colour, if only hickley valtone get their ass in gear

also how do you get the top grills out? it seems proper wedged on, but i dont want to break them as its like £26 for another

Last edited:

Skii

Jul 14, 2007
Slough
Very nice work squire :)

I picked my bumper up on Saturday, couple of dings in it,

bumper1.jpg

dink1.jpg

Nothing a little DIY filler and primer couldn't handle

repair1.jpg

Skorchio

600 Miles to a tank :)
Jan 23, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
Nice. I do like the Face Lift. Infact it more of a Kit. Its such a dramatic change you cant really can it a face lift. If an ugly bird gets a facelift.. she still dam ugly :)

sargey

Escaped mental patient
Aug 16, 2006
Weston-super-crapland
spose so, spoke to the boss today and hickley valtone have ordered the paint. Its not IMRON so thats a shame, the base paint is a 1k WATER BASED paint and the laquer is a 2k so hopefully ill have that and the mixing instructions by today or end of the week! so progress is being made

ill start the back bumper again when i get home from work

sargey

Escaped mental patient
Aug 16, 2006
Weston-super-crapland
got the paint, started painting the front and here is the 1st attempt (not knowing how to use the paint)
DSC00677.jpg

attempt 2 after the paint had not cured and the laquer started peeling off...wet flatted it and re-painted
DSC00688.jpg

just need to wet flat the orange peel and polish for the shine and then onto the back bumper

Skii

Jul 14, 2007
Slough
looks fantastic, very professional. - i'm impressed ! Just been quoted £100 by a friend of a friend to do front, back and skirts myself .

smiff

Jun 14, 2006
stoke on trent
Im glad to see you putting them to good use its better than them sitting in my garage collecting spiders good spray work aswell bang some pics up when your done :D

sargey

Escaped mental patient
Aug 16, 2006
Weston-super-crapland
the back was the worst smiff, had quite a few dents. looks like a bloody patchwork bumper, im gonna leave the front with heat on it for a few days, make sure its properly cured!

sargey

Escaped mental patient
Aug 16, 2006
Weston-super-crapland
Fornt bumper wet flatted and polished, looks like glass, apart from the drivers side where i flatted too much and went through the laquer, it looks as if ive scuffed it in a car park, might touch it up with a brush. you can see it in the first photo by the arch line

DSC00693.jpg

DSC00692.jpg

DSC00691.jpg

not bad seeing as the paint was free, should have been £107 and the fact i have all the necessary tools in me van ;)

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Can you do mines :rolleyes:, manage to damage my lower end lip yesterday, cuz of some high curb [:@]
So thinkin gof getting the new bumper instead of repairing my existing aftermarket

sargey

Escaped mental patient
Aug 16, 2006
Weston-super-crapland
I finally got time to get at my rear bumper, I primed it yesterday
DSC00727.jpg

and wet flatted and painted it today, this pic tho is only the base coat, ill take a pic of the laquerd finish when i get a chance
DSC00728.jpg

hopefully friday ill be able to get at it again, wet flat the orange peel and polish it ready for fitting for when i get back off holiday

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members