I'm follwing suit

sargey

Escaped mental patient
Aug 16, 2006
Weston-super-crapland
new update, i painted the side door trims yesterday as i had a day off, they look much better colour coded
DSC00750.jpg

DSC00746.jpg

i might wet flat and polish the bumper today or i might leave it til friday

Last edited:

Skii

Jul 14, 2007
Slough
Hi mate

Are these the original black bump strips re-painted ? if so thst looks excellent - how did you get them so smooth ?

John

sargey

Escaped mental patient
Aug 16, 2006
Weston-super-crapland
yes the black ones. 3 out of 4 were smooth, you can buy them that way, or primed. All i did was use acetone and cellulose thinner to clean them, lightly wet flat them to score them, prime them and then paint them with a can of paint, used laquer as well to seal the deal.
If you want the bumpy ones smooth you can either sand them smooth or use a high build cellulose grey primer and lay it on thick to try and hide the bumps.

***BAD NEWS***
After wet flatting and polishing i bloody dropped the rear bumper, its scratched it quite a bit which has pissed me off. i need to re-wet flat and polish it and try and to touch in the scratches. Im upset now!!!

sargey

Escaped mental patient
Aug 16, 2006
Weston-super-crapland
UPDATE

Got both bumpers on, back took 1hr 45 mintues to remove and fit new one front took ages and doesnt quite fit properly but its ok. Ill get some pics on when its cleaner but its filthy at the moment. Looks hot!

sargey

Escaped mental patient
Aug 16, 2006
Weston-super-crapland
dunno what happened to uploading pics. Struggled fitting the guides and the bumper, couldnt get to the bolts but its on now
this one is the night i fitted it, without the bolt covers and no number plate (blurry photo taken in petrol station)
DSC00876.jpg

This one take outside the gf's house just b4 xmas
DSC00907x2.jpg

havent got a photo of the back, but i did however polish the exhaust tip to make it nice n shiny

Dont know about the skirts, it looks alright without, it doesnt look out of place, but skirts would finish it off...if they weren't expensive id do it, i know how to paint and i got all the tooks n know how its just the money. im happy at the moment apart from a slight leak somewhere and a possible petrol leak

how come yours is takin so long, uve had the bumpers longer than i have

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Great job mate! Its a shame they stopped doing that colour as it looks great when its lovely and clean.

danieltm

Bit of Jabba magic!
Aug 26, 2006
Norwich
[
how come yours is takin so long, uve had the bumpers longer than i have[/QUOTE]

Haha! Yeah i know, I got a bit side tracked and bought a new exhaust and coilovers so was tight for cash. Also i had to wait ages to get the skirts. Just need to get a few bits and bobs from seat then its game on! You have done a really good job on yours and well done for doing it yourself ;) Cant wait to get mine finished, it has been my longest project so far.

Last edited: