I'm getting a Leon, BOOM!

ThatWayneBloke

Hi all,

I'm picking up my new car tomorrow morning, trading in a hardcore 65bhp 1.4 8v Pug 206 for a 1.8 20vt Leon Cupra :D BOOM!!!

Don't suppose anyone on here knows of anyone whos recently sold theirs? It's a red one, reg starts X413***... The engine management light's on and I was just wondering if I could track the old owner down, he might have an idea of why before I buy it?

Any help would be wicked, cheers!

Raks

Feb 4, 2012
Birmingham
Lol the cupra going to feel like a rocket compare to the pug. Especially when its start powering 3rd and 4th gear.

Welcome to the forum

ThatWayneBloke

Haha yeah, only 3 times the power, it's all good :D My right foot kinda went all heavy in 3rd when I test drove it, **** me its fast, bloody love it!

dawson86

Jun 23, 2010
bury st edmunds
have fun mate just be careful! they aint fot the faint hearted, as for engine light, see if someone near u has vag-com they can see wats up with it? or disconnect battery for 10 mins

ThatWayneBloke

have fun mate just be careful! they aint fot the faint hearted, as for engine light, see if someone near u has vag-com they can see wats up with it? or disconnect battery for 10 mins

I work for a motor factor mate, there's a tech bloke who works for us who can do all the faultcode reading in the world for me :D

No mod plans yet raks, MOT's due next month so gonna get it through that and see what money I have left lol. Gonna leave the engine standard I think, I wana drop it tho, tint the windows, usual basic stuff and see where it leads

Raks

Feb 4, 2012
Birmingham
MATE...you need it remap, the difference is next level. Makes a right little animal.

Yh Defo a lil drop, light smoke tints, xenons, number led change should look good aswell.

If you want a bit of noise a cone filter is sweet, gives that sucking noise!!

Raks

Feb 4, 2012
Birmingham
Obviously do things slow and progressive. Defo save for a remap dough because difference is unreal.

Ive just brought a Cupra r and doing mods slow as a snail lol.

ThatWayneBloke

Definitely gonna think about doin that, but for now I'm gonna get used to the power I've already got...

Gonna start out with suspension, brakes and tyres I think, theres more than one way to make a car quicker :)

Raks

Feb 4, 2012
Birmingham
With the normal leon not much can be done really. Map you get results because its a turbo and a lot of adjustments can be made.

scotty86d

The x reg should have the ko3 rather than the ko3s y reg onwards (ish) and maps to around 200

Do they just run a bit more boost on the ko3 to get to 180?

Been wanting to find out for definite if my x reg is a ko3- disappointed from your statement that it is.

Get some pics of it up fella!

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Different turbo altogether.
A K03 has 12 blades and a K03s has 8 blades

SideBySide.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.