immobiliser and dash faults

1.9 TDI Sport

well we had the dial out again, took the back off, pushed and pressed everything together making sure it was all properly secure and nothing visually loose, especially arround by the mileage figures, we thort we heard something click but could have been our imagination lol

then plugged the connectors in and hey presto mileage reappeared

must have been something loose but we dont really know what exactly, but all sorted now what a relief

massive thanks to my friend stephen for his patience, those dials are a bugger to get out! and thanks to this forum what an excellent resource :D

alexbailey12

May 12, 2011
has anyone got any of the pictures of where to solder? the one picture on this thread doesn't work anymore and have searched numerous forums looking for pictures

Any help would be much appreciated

Alex

Bondiblu

Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2007
Cheshire
the pins behind the green connector on the left of the pic
c1238412-93d4-6d0c.jpg

alexbailey12

May 12, 2011
do you just do it through the gap between the board and the speedo or strip it down further?

Many thanks

Alex

EDIT: sorry, looking at yours it has been stripped down further

thanks for your help, have looked for this info everywhere :)

Apr 14, 2011
sorry to steal the thread but I'm having a similar problem
I'm having problems with my gauges, some work, some don't, then they will swap which work or don't, could this be fixed by takin my gauges out and re soldering them ? it's a 1.9 tdi sport 03 plate

cheers tom

Bondiblu

Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2007
Cheshire
sorry to steal the thread but I'm having a similar problem
I'm having problems with my gauges, some work, some don't, then they will swap which work or don't, could this be fixed by takin my gauges out and re soldering them ? it's a 1.9 tdi sport 03 plate

cheers tom

chances are, more than likely, yes, this should sort your issues. It's been sorted over and over now but quite a few people on this forum.

Apr 14, 2011
ok had a look on that link and will try taking the gauges out an re soldering, I also have a flashing light on the water coolant temp, check the level and it's fine, could this be part of the same problem ? I'm a bit of a novice with modern day cars

cheers tom

Bondiblu

Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2007
Cheshire
ok had a look on that link and will try taking the gauges out an re soldering, I also have a flashing light on the water coolant temp, check the level and it's fine, could this be part of the same problem ? I'm a bit of a novice with modern day cars

cheers tom

Very possible. When I had my TDI sport, I have several strange happening. Once resoldered, all went back to how they should be.

1.9 TDI Sport

has anyone got any of the pictures of where to solder? the one picture on this thread doesn't work anymore and have searched numerous forums looking for pictures

Any help would be much appreciated

Alex

hi to be a lil more specific when we did the soldering it was 2 rows of about 8 just to the left of the green pin on the pic above along the very edge of the board and you could see which ones needed doing as the soldering was not down to the board, the bit we soldered we did not have to strip it down that far we just soldered what we could see with the white back section still on

to be fair tho i would strip it down if you can because im still having a little trouble with my fuel gauge, its responsive now but doesnt always show the correct amount in the tank but at least my tank nearly empty warning light works now which didnt work before!

tried to put a pic up but dont have enought posts

HTH anyway ))

alexbailey12

May 12, 2011
hi to be a lil more specific when we did the soldering it was 2 rows of about 8 just to the left of the green pin on the pic above along the very edge of the board and you could see which ones needed doing as the soldering was not down to the board, the bit we soldered we did not have to strip it down that far we just soldered what we could see with the white back section still on

to be fair tho i would strip it down if you can because im still having a little trouble with my fuel gauge, its responsive now but doesnt always show the correct amount in the tank but at least my tank nearly empty warning light works now which didnt work before!

tried to put a pic up but dont have enought posts

HTH anyway ))

Could you send it to my email address?

I also have the flashing water temp light, my fuel, oil and water gauges sometimes dont work too

Last edited:

alexbailey12

May 12, 2011

pics and info spot on, thanks

its not the pins in the back of the connector that you solder? its the round flat parts next to them?
i have 2(small amount of solder) gap, 1(no solder) gap, then 6 (first with no solder and some with little amount of solder) and 2 closer to the outter edge with no solder on at all

will upload pics and soon as i hit 15 posts

1.9 TDI Sport

for reference ive tried to show where abouts we soldered on this pic that alex sent me, its not my pins its alexs',

on mine im not sure if we did 7 or 9 pins of the ones ive colured red, we basically did as many as we could reach with a soldering iron without taking it apart any further

on mine, the pins that needed doing were obvious to the eye! there was not enough solder on and they looked a lot worse than alexs.

dont know what anyone else has soldered im just saying what we did and like i say i solved almost every issue bar the needle on the fuel gauge

HTH

P1010207red.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.