*IMPORTANT* A decline in forum conduct that needs addressing!

R69

Nov 18, 2008
West Midlands
These guys [admins] give up a bucket load of time, and just don't need this minority of people who cause problems.

Admins, I speak for many, you have our support

I totally agree with the mods on this one, as do many, many other members who regularly use this forum for advice, be it requesting it or giving it.

I couldn't possibly enjoy my car as much as I do without this forum.
:clap: to the mods & all of it's invaluable members.

R@B

I Like Turbos!!!
Mar 11, 2009
Sunny Glasgow
Read and noted, I really appreciate all the advice, tips and general chit chat from the forum, mods and ALL the members. I've only been a member for a short while now and would be lost without SCN. Keep up the good work everybody.:cheers:

chispadete

just read all of it, well nearly all and can only assume this has been bumped every so often, so without being rude the first posts says if it carries on, you will get that annoyed and close this site/forum, yet you keep bumping it, so surely you need to ban more people to sort out the site if its not getting better or do as you said back in 2006/2007 and just close it?

obv not saying the latter is a good thing, but as a newer member i see the rules in 2006, updated in 2007 saying uve had enough, then loads of people posting up e-humping the site, but its still happening, and if i was gunna take the piss and get rude to anyone, id just think well they aint closed the site with everyone else doing it.. sorta thing if that makes sense

scn is good for its members, and is good DUE to its members, the admin do alot of work yes, but its the people that use the site that make it what it is too. so you loose the members you loose the forum.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
it's a forced read for those new and a reminder for those of old that may require a nudge and is indeed a little old in it's initial dating and at the time was posted to ensure the situation was fully understood but that's time gone by and admittedly it calmed a lot down back then.

moderation and administration is duly carried out as it always has been so don't panic and we have other measures to consider and implement should the need arise

SCN has and always will look onwards and upwards to the greater good :)

and for those that haven't read it properly in a FOR SALE ad please add a contact and a price , it is after all for people to get hold of you and pay you ;)

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
The Crux of the matter is the feejits ruin it in a lot of instances for some if not most of the better users.
if people used a little thought and application before posting then a lot of this would be avoided.

Lets think.......
nwemgl.gif

CatB1

Nov 19, 2003
Manchester
www.freeserve.com
Scn

Very well written post #1.:clap: Was not aware of any problems with this site.:confused.Please keep up the good work, from people like myself who do not post for the sake of getting my post numbers up, total respect.:thumbup:

Pete

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
the site to virtually everybody has been invaluable to everybody on here as the vast vast majority of its members are extremely helpful and knowledgeable and yes it is a great place to come to talk everything SEAT.

The post was put up i get the feeling to give a not so gentle final reminder to everybody who is showing a blatent dis-regard for the rules and persistantly offend

Your right in the fact that the members make the site, but the fact is the moderators put all the work in to ensure that the members make the site and ensure that the stuff on here is clean, legal and in no way offensive to anybody.

I as somebody who has made a **** up in the past and as a relativly new member, I now ensure that if im posting in a new area of the site that i havent posted in before and has a 'RULES' section I read it from now on as the last thing i want to do is bring down this site rep, as it has been nothing but a fantastic place to come over the past year or so.

If the moderators are putting rules in place then they might be there for a reason. I think everything that they have said is spot on and had to be said

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2008
cannock
ok i have read it and i think i get it., Nice one guys n girls ? ime realy enjoying this site i mite babble on a bit but i fink i have made a few buddies on here and loads of ppl have helped me out with things

Aug 22, 2008
cannock
ok i have read it and i think i get it., Nice one guys n girls ? ime realy enjoying this site i mite babble on a bit but i fink i have made a few buddies on here and loads of ppl have helped me out with things

can i ask is it all men or do women run this site to ? just wondering

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
can i ask is it all men or do women run this site to ? just wondering

At present there are no women on the admin/moderation team, but this is probably due to the fact that the forum is pretty much male dominated, but no doubt if there were any new positions to come up, then the fairer sex would be more than welcome to apply.

lee_woollett

Jan 19, 2009
northampton
very well put and totally agree with you. Since owning my LC i've learnt so much from people on the forum. It's nice to know that if i ever encounter a problem with my car, i know someone else will know how to resolve it.

I've been a member of other forums for other cars i've previously owned and i have to admit, this is the best ran and friendliest forum i've used.

keep up the good work

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members