*important* for all SEAT owners *SEAT ensurance*

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Noticing a few threads over the past 6 months from the unlucky drivers that have been involved in collisions like myself.

Please look into the free SEAT Ensurance cover. It makes the whole process so much easier to deal with. Especially us new PCH or PCP customers
It is available for free for 3 years to both old and new cars.

Summary
---------------
***Eligibility UK only***
Ensurance is SEAT's free accident and repair cover. It works alongside your existing comprehensive motor insurance policy, no matter who you are insured with, to help get your SEAT back on the road if it has been damaged in an accident or stolen. It’s free for three years and is available on both new and older models.

Your free Ensurance cover includes:

-Guaranteed use of a SEAT approved repairer and SEAT trained technicians

-Repair using only genuine SEAT parts

-Cover for both fault and non-fault claims

-A dedicated Claims Manager

-Legal Expenses Cover

-Non fault claim like for like courtesy car

-Free activation at any time

-Takes a minute to activate

In addition as a non fault claim I was provided with a courtesy car (like for like). This can be provided same day or next.

To put into context - my Cupra 280 was in a collision and they used performance car hire to source my courtesy car.
They selected an Audi S3 but until that was available I received a Merc GLE 350 :)

Had the S3 for months.

End of the day no matter how good a driver you are accidents happen.

Please have a look as it is worth it.

https://www.insurewithseat.co.uk/Products/Ensurance/

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Is this for British owners only? is there a European version?
Very good point mate, didn't consider outside of the UK when I originally posted - sorry.

It's part VWFS UK so it's only available for those that reside within the united kingdom.

England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

I honestly couldn't say if there were any equivalent products for the European market.

heliophile

May 1, 2016
Manchester
So Seat have just updated their Ensurance iOS app to bring its design into the modern era and deleted all my data in the process! Good job I noticed now rather than when standing at the roadside trying to report an accident.

Last edited:

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
So Seat have just updated their Ensurance iOS app to bring its design into the modern era and deleted all my data in the process! Good job I noticed now rather than when standing at the roadside trying to report an accident.

Never seen the app before, but have just installed the android version.

Cheers

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
If its anything like as basic as the iOS version I wouldn’t get your hopes up! At least the new design means it doesn’t make your eyes bleed too.
Well... When it asked for my details the text boxes where black as was the text I was typing in, so I wasn't able to make out what was going in without looking at my keyboard... Not a great start.

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
I would strongly recommend you do not use Seat Ensurance. They are beyond useless, the only thing they are good for is a hire car. The rubbish they spout about dealing with your insurance and the repairers directly is completely false. They never return calls or answer emails. I have had to make tons of phone calls sorting out the mess that Seat Ensurance created for me. It’s much easier to deal with your own insurance and avoid them. Google Audi/VW/Skoda Ensurance which is run by the same people and you will see how bad they are.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I would strongly recommend you do not use Seat Ensurance. They are beyond useless, the only thing they are good for is a hire car. The rubbish they spout about dealing with your insurance and the repairers directly is completely false. They never return calls or answer emails. I have had to make tons of phone calls sorting out the mess that Seat Ensurance created for me. It’s much easier to deal with your own insurance and avoid them. Google Audi/VW/Skoda Ensurance which is run by the same people and you will see how bad they are.

The free hire car (same day or next day) was the main thing in my case (like for like or there abouts)

They also ensure your car is repaired properly too and with a guarantee on vw parts and work (which is worth a lot)

Outside of the initial call to sort out the hire car I didn't have anymore contact with them.

The hire car company (in my case performance hire car) chased both the insurer and garage for updates. They couldn't do anymore than that.

I waited well over 2 months to get my car back.
It's been exactly a year now and you wouldn't know it's been repaired.

At the end of the day, if you're not at fault a lot of time is spent getting the other side to admit liability before the repair or write off can be authorised.

SEAT ensurance can't really expedite that.

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
They also ensure your car is repaired properly too and with a guarantee on vw parts and work (which is worth a lot)

You get that anyway when using a Seat approved bodyshop, it’s nothing to do with the Ensurance policy. I’ve never had any problem in the past getting my insurers to use Seat bodyshops.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
You get that anyway when using a Seat approved bodyshop, it’s nothing to do with the Ensurance policy. I’ve never had any problem in the past getting my insurers to use Seat bodyshops.
SEAT ensurance took it back to my dealership and left it there for the work. They then dropped off/collected a Merc and S3 for over too months. Didn't spend a penny other than fuel.

They ensured that I got an invoice/receipt in case I had any issues with BCA when I handed it back.

My insurer wasn't matching that, I use a comparison site and always select the cheapest that comes up. Not sure what I'm going to get.

It's not there to replace your insurance, once I realised that, it made sense in my case.

Sounds like it didn't in your case.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
I recently used Seat Ensurance when I had an accident (not my fault) and I can't praise them enough!

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Well... When it asked for my details the text boxes where black as was the text I was typing in, so I wasn't able to make out what was going in without looking at my keyboard... Not a great start.

Mine did this too, bit of a pain but type it in and once you've finished it will appear ok, the you've just got to hope you've got it right first time, if not it's back to square one in each section.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Yes I had a car supplied by Enterprise Car Rental, a fully loaded Hyundai i40. I understand it was authorised by the 3rd parties insurance.
Yep that's how mine was funded. So the hire company were in no rush as the day rate for the hire was astronomical. It was in the 3rd party insurers best interest to admit liability quickly.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Google Audi/VW/Skoda Ensurance which is run by the same people and you will see how bad they are.

I did this and found both negative and positive comments on the Audi forums as I'd expect on the internet. Ironically one poster on there mentioned the SEAT version favourably.

It would be great for have those that have used the service to post feedback, both positive & negative as experiences will obviously differ. I'm interested in the difference between "at fault" and "non fault" claims too.

As mine is a lease vehicle I was worried about the BCA audit upon collection. VWFS said that as long as I guaranteed that any repairs were carried out by an approved garage with approved parts, further disputes would be taken up with the garage under the guarantee. Obviously this doesn't account for any further damage I inflict outside of that.

c00db061ae6e3f37c7572de65552f81c.jpg

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members