In Depth Review - Some neat stuff

IMC

Feb 4, 2016
Sofia, Bulgaria
Hi,

Just found a pretty in depth review of the Ateca and to be honest I like it a lot.

Just search this in Youtube: 2016 SEAT Ateca 2 0 TDI 190 PS 4DRIVE English Test Test Drive and In Depth Review English

There are some very cool gadgets.

Tell

Staff member
I ordered that one last week after due deliberation. I was all set to order but it just happened they had the demo one in the showroom that day so played with it till it was my time with the salesman.

Was that the white LHD Andrew. I think there is more that one doing the rounds.

My snap of the white one:

Then you have the grey one:

Both in LHD in the UK.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
It was a white one but mine was in Italy.

They also have a orange one in the UK, no RHD have currently been made.

Tell

Staff member
They were a bit cagey with me when I asked the Seat guy in June about when they were making RHD. Like they were now perhaps type of thing. But then if the big unveiling and the First editions on the road for September, some say October then it wouldn't make sense to have made any yet in RHD given the demand in Europe.

Then seats in alcantara are fine and feel a bit like the Altea sports seats. So I'm just gambling that I will find the leather seats OK since there is no other option in the Xcellence and that's what it's going to be in DSG 4x4. I'm committed no turning back now.

I checked out the Tiguan panoramic roof to see how the blind worked in direct sun light, was happy with that. Tested the Seat Plus sound system to see whether it played Flac and got down to the bottom of the satnav.... watched all those videos.... had the colour crisis... did a going over of a Tiguan R-line, thought that the Ateca was a more pretty car, Tiguan is ugly although more modern technology on the front display yet to be "ported" to Seat (only a matter of time) and has those moveable rear seats and lift up shelves, Ateca is reported to handle better than the Tiguan so that one did it for me rather than the negatives on balance, Tiguan is on it's second generation, the Ateca is starting it's first so I'm gambling like the Altea that I've had for 12 years come December, this one will weather well... just waiting now....

Last edited:

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
There probably is some RHD at the factory now but none in the UK, first ones in the UK will be the SEAT UK press cars expected September.

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
will be booking a test drive soon as I can get behind the wheel of a 190 Xcellence manual.
doubt if I'll buy till the demonstrators start to hit the sales forecourt next year...getting very keen.
Can't believe you'd swap your Cupra for a diesel SUV, Andrew!!

IMC

Feb 4, 2016
Sofia, Bulgaria
At least you can get in one and see if it suits you, there are none here yet. I was considering a Qashqai some time ago but I was put off because every other car on the street is a Qashqai, so we got a Pulsar, another thing that put me off the small/cheap SUV market were the engines, why would you put a 1.2 or even 1.0 in a SUV. Now though the Ateca offers a lot better range, at least for my taste. So all in all, waiting to test one.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I'm one of them people who gets bored easily, Had a MK2 LCR and MK3 Cupra 280.

Fancy something a little different for a while, Although I still haven't owned a car with roll cage and full on bucket seats.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.