in need of more power!

lukecupra2001

Smoogie And Proud
Jul 25, 2005
middlesbrough
after only having my leon 6months i have already grown acustomed to the power. :( ive added bits n bobs when i have been able to afford it and now im stuck.without spending thousands on turbo upgrades i was wondering if anybody could help me squeeze a few more ponies from her.
mods already done are:

green dynatwist
milltek hi-flow cat with 3inh downpipe
milltek cat bak exhaust
revo stage 2
dv and boost gauge

if people would like to share there thorts with me that would be grate and if recomend a part were can you purchase it and the part no.i have an auq engine code and have struggled to find somethings.anyway thanx a million guys n gals all help n info gratefully received. :redface:

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
You seem to have most of it covered fella.

Front Mounted Intercooler is about the only thing i could think off, but that isnt going to give an instant increase in BHP. You will probably be able to sustain the power by cranking up the boost and timing thus avoiding heat soak.

Samco TIP could be a thought £ 120 ish

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Disable revo for a few days and drive around with it like that. When you switch it on again, it'll be like a new car. :)

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
is power the only thing you are after? If i were you i would start to look at utilising the power you have in the best way possible - start looking at (as suggested) db mount to get that power to the road, get some decent tyres that grip (such as gsd3's) get some suspension/arb's to sort out the power through the corners, get an FMIC to keep the car cool and hence able to get a bit more power from the revo.
Dont forget safety - its all very well going fast, but it means u will need to stop fast - so get better brakes.
When you have got every bit you can out of your car then look at the next step - larger turbo and remap to suit - i really dont recommend sticking huge turbos in with standard brakes etc......

Oh and perhaps a dv relocation kit might help things out a bit... not sure what people say about it really...

Theres some bits to think about anyway

lukecupra2001

Smoogie And Proud
Jul 25, 2005
middlesbrough
nah power isnt the only thing ofcourse.ive already changed tyres gota set of eagle f1s on each corner and have been looking at coilovers but like said i do things when i can afford it.as for brakes there was a new set fitted when got the car so mite aswell leave them till they need replaceing.they still up2 the job now as it was when was a standard car.was looking 4 samcos but couldnt find anything for my engine code was all lcr stuff.
anyway got a few more ideas now so time 2get saving agen.shame its this time of year again.

lukecupra2001

Smoogie And Proud
Jul 25, 2005
middlesbrough
now why would i want to spend what money i had on buying that?you only buy a boxter if you cant afford a 911 and i cant afford 1 of them eitha!basicly ur jst torking :censored: !!!

Briggsy

:roflmao: Go for a nice set of Neons - This will look a treat down [B)] at McDonalds car park on a Friday night!!!!

YerMother

comes and goes
Sep 22, 2004
East Midlands Drives: Scirocco GT
Strip some weight out of it! Remove rear seats, spare wheel etc. It's amazing what reducing the weight does, every kg removed, power to weight ratio obviously goes up!

There is also Nos! For the instant hit, but that is around a grand for a progressive controlled set-up!

Gecko

How about adding light waight pullies? and maybe a lightened fly wheel

Cheers

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members