In what way is the FL FR front aero bumper kit different from the pre FL one?

demonear

Sep 18, 2008
Edinburgh
I was hoping that they had now done away with the horizontal ridges or vanes that are usually seen in the side air intakes for starters.
I prefer the look of the new FL aero kits spoiler & hope that that the FL front aero bumper has honeycomb grill parts to match the new honeycomb bonnet grill that comes with the FL FR as standard now..

cheers for any info guys :)

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
The side intakes do have the honeycomb (changed before the facelift) grill, but if you have the aero bumper you can not have the new honeycomb grill, it don't fit. You either haveto have the old type or if you want the honeycomb you can have the Leon Linea R with chrome surround.

demonear

Sep 18, 2008
Edinburgh
Ah, that would explain how you've not got the honeycombe grill on the bonnet Steve.. Not that i'd noticed!
So did they paint your standard grill black round the trim then?

I wonder how difficult it is to get the Linear R grill? :think:

cheers once again dude :)

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
Ah, that would explain how you've not got the honeycombe grill on the bonnet Steve.. Not that i'd noticed!
So did they paint your standard grill black round the trim then?

I wonder how difficult it is to get the Linear R grill? :think:

cheers once again dude :)

The standard grill that came with the car was honeycomb with black surround and the one that I have fitted came with the aero bumper and had the black surround.

LeonFRMK1

****VAGperu
Nov 14, 2008
Lima - Perù
www.clubvagperu.com
better example imposible...

4313523000_29eb21c21b_o.jpg

tissot

Jan 3, 2007
york
i spoke to the garage at the w/end about the grille point. on the Fl version there only one grille available at present and thats what comes with car.. however if you get the areo kit the old grille fits that.. god only knows why..
they havent produced a new FL black grille for purchase yet..