Inca Van info required

wingnut519

Seeing as there is no specific forum for my van I guess that's it's pretty close to an Ibiza so I've posted it in here. Hope it's all right..

I'm looking for any info on the van with regard to upgrading and modifying it.

I have a few ideas in mind, but before I go ahead and start them I want to know all the facts..

1). Engine conversion, currently it's running a 1.9sdi, I could do with a little more power so was thinking of doing an engine swap to a 130tdi lump, any ideas on whether this lump would drop straight in or not... Seen a tdi lump from a 2000-2004 Golf Mk3 that's reasonable, wondering if that would do the job or would I have to look a Ibiza lump to fit straight in.

2). Rear drum conversion.. Is it possible to convert the rear drums to discs. If so where's there best place to source the bits???

3). Lowering.. Currently she is riding a little high to say the least so I need to drop her down a little, not by much only about 30mm, but being rear axle beam and leaf springs, how do i go about this..

4). Front brakes.. With increased power I will be needing to upgrade the front discs. Seen a few threads on here talking about Mk2 G60 brakes going on, but not sure if what I read was true..

5). Finally.... Cosmetic mods... The front to me looks like a polo 4 or Ibiza, am I right in guessing this or not.... Interior wise what seats / door cards etc.. will drop straight in??

Sorry for all the question, but daring to be different, there's limited to no info on my good old van.. Oh sorry, by the way she is a V reg from 2000.

Cheers in advance for any info that you guys can supply me with.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
it's all possible :)

rear drums to discs - check the guide on the main page for info on drums to discs on a mk2 ibiza - same principle

Lowering - use blocks

Front brakes - just source the right hub carrier to allow girling brakes

cosmetics - Ibiza Mk2

Interior ie seats are the same - and door cars will be harder as they're the same as 5 door ibiza's

wingnut519

???? What.. is there someone else doing an inca conversion?????

Cheers for the info Mork.. What about the engine transplant?? Any lump to look out for?? Any to avoid??

wingnut519

Aw not fair.... You don't have to post details here, would just like a name i can contact for help and info....

JettaSyncro

IM DOING AN iNCA ASWELL , SURELY 3 PEOPLE JUSTIFIES A DEDICATED SECTION , HINT TO THE MODS , I WILL BE A CONSTANT PEST WITH REQUESTS OF HELP AND INFO

Dom16v

I'd say sort the handling out. It's no straight line warrior I know but from having fun in an empty caddy van, it's a HUGE giggle machine :D

JettaSyncro

cu51pra said:
i know someone has put a 1.8t in a inca/caddy with mk3 ibiza cupra front end and ive got the bigger brakes if you want them there the 280mm front brake setup off my ibiza cupra

Thats basically what im doing with a subtle porshe theme running through the project

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members