Inconsistent boost at high rpm!! 2.0tfsi

Rhys

Nov 20, 2018
Hi all recently I have been experiencing weird boost issues.

so I haven’t long had my stage 1 map on my 2.0tfsi Leon now 250 bhp everything was fine for a few weeks but now at mid rpm I can hear a hissing as if it was a boost leak then if I floor it it will progressively fade away and get the normal turbo spool sounds and then at the higher rpms it’s as if the throttle is going from 100% to 90% every few seconds and only tends to happen in 3rd gear or higher.

some Side notes can hear very slight flutter at mid rpms and at higher rpms occasionally when letting of the throttle I hear a chirp sound instead of the normal diver valve pshhhh.

I have replaced cam follower, plugs, coils,valve cover gasket, pcv seems fine altho have spare, changed dv about 3k ago before the map, full engine service, map, n75valve so I have caught up on most of it.

I havnt got access to vcds yet

one thing to add my HPFP top sensor is cracked but I have repaired with epoxy and it hasn’t thrown any codes etc and that was a month or so ago theses symptoms have only just come up about a week ago.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I’m thinking maybe dv, actuator, fuelling issue????

Tia

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
DV is worth a try. Also, some garages offer to smoke test for around £30.

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Smoke test only shows big holes in the intake system, others only open under pressure.

If you've already gone stage 1 then get a Wellycooler fitted.

Rhys

Nov 20, 2018
DV is worth a try. Also, some garages offer to smoke test for around £30.
I think I have solved it had a second look at the dv and only had two out of the 3 bolts in it it was dark when I last did it and was fine even after stage one up to a few weeks after put another in and hasn’t done it since so pretty sure it’s that.

s3 intercooler installed while I was at it to ready for stage 2plus in may

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.