Incorrect CO2 figure?

philhoward

Aug 17, 2015
The hits keep on coming...

All the info can find says that a 1.4 EcoTSI FR ST with DSG is 109g of Polar Bear killing CO2. I haven't had different alloys, so can't think of why SEAT has registered it with a figure of 111g - which is annoying as a company car driver as it kicks it up a band for tax. Anyone else got the same car, and what was yours registered as?

If it is a mistake, I can only imagine the fun trying to get DVLA to change it.. If it isn't, then I'll be doubly ticked off with SEAT, especially as whilst the lease company originally reckoned it was 111g, the supplying dealer (Marshalls again:censored:) confirmed it would be 109g.

That reminds me - must check to see how good their PDI is as I had a TDI FR (on 18" wheels) as a temp hire car and the ride was SO much smoother than mine - and I'm sure that wasn't down to the multi-link rear suspension. I suspect the tyres might have a bit too much air (or are Dunlops that hard?).

TonyFSC

Jun 20, 2015
Just looked up DVLA for your car and it will be taxed at 109 tax band B.
Tony

philhoward

Aug 17, 2015
Nope - mine has been registered with 111g (I checked on the DVLA site by registration)...hence the confusion.

Choosing the 18" wheels (which I didn't) would take it to 114g, or the manual gearbox is 110g, so I can't figure out where they got 111g from!

TonyFSC

Jun 20, 2015
Nope - mine has been registered with 111g (I checked on the DVLA site by registration)...hence the confusion.

Choosing the 18" wheels (which I didn't) would take it to 114g, or the manual gearbox is 110g, so I can't figure out where they got 111g from!

Oh dear, I wonder why?
Tony

philhoward

Aug 17, 2015
I hear there may be "issues" with emissions figures for ACT engines, but that's pre-emptive action if I ever did hear it!

Fleet manager is on to the lease company who's onto the supplying dealer (and presumably onto SEAT UK) to try and find out why. It may take some time :(

Walpurgis

Feb 5, 2013
The brochure currently on the SEAT UK Web site shows 110g/km for all manual versions of the 1.4 EcoTSi (5DR, SC and ST).

For the DSG versions, the emissions go down to 109g/km for the 5DR and SC versions, but up to 111g/km for the ST model.

Go figure.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Had A quick scan through car emissions websites and for your model the CO2 varies from 109 to 111. Maybe it depends on the age, as I know the Cupra has changed from 154 to 156.

philhoward

Aug 17, 2015
Hmmm...the brochure I downloaded in June 2015 (the same date as the current brochure) shows 109g, yet the brochure on the website shows 111g as highlighted previously (thanks chaps).
When you run the configurator, it also still shows 109g for an ST FR 1.4 DSG...

I'm still waiting for a reply through the supplying chain...

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
That reminds me - must check to see how good their PDI is as I had a TDI FR (on 18" wheels) as a temp hire car and the ride was SO much smoother than mine - and I'm sure that wasn't down to the multi-link rear suspension. I suspect the tyres might have a bit too much air (or are Dunlops that hard?).

Have a look if they have left the transport blocks in the front struts - that happened to mine and felt like I was going to loose teeth if I clipped a pothole.

emesee

Aug 6, 2015
Hi

Got my 1.4 FR eco TSI DSG last Friday so was registered 06/11/15 and have received V5 which states 109 g/km.

This is a 5 door, standard on 17" rims.

Not sure if this what you wanted to hear or not but hope it helps.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise