induction kits, dump valves (yes again !)

deano82

Hi all,

On my LCR I have decided i'd like to hear more of a dump valve noise, I've got a forge 007p and i currently have a green cotton panel filter with a smoothed and drilled box and a 3" feed. I realise my dv isnt atmospheric but i have been told if i was to have an open cone filter then i would hear it and in fact it can still sound pretty loud from in and out the car, is that right ?
What kits would be best for this ?

I know there a loads od threads on this kinda subject but havnt found the exact answers im looking for and i like to make new posts:happy:

cheers

marv_n69

Standard'ish Cupra R 225
Jul 30, 2009
Keep the 007p mate and just get an open cone induction kit, piperx, k&n etc!!!

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
If you want it louder than your current setup then an open filter will do that...if you want it louder than that still id recomend a turbosmart dualport.

munkyboy

Jul 24, 2008
Cardiff
I have a Carbonio Cold Air induction with a 007P and you cannot stop me from giggling. Im like a little kid when it comes to stupid DV noises. but Im hoping when I get it remapped it will be a bit louder again. But yeh definately I woudl go for an open cone to get a louder noise

marv_n69

Standard'ish Cupra R 225
Jul 30, 2009
If i remove the soundproofing from under the bonnet will the heat from the engine damage the paint on the bonnet??????

Mar 3, 2008
sunny Devon
the heat from under the bonnet does not effect the paint in any way mine has been off for 14months i done 14k miles in all heat weather conditions............

it is only there for sound proofing FACT...............................

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.