Inexpensive interior mod for mk2

Garth

Back in the S!
Mar 5, 2003
Newcastle
Visit site
I replaced the naff black plastic interior door handles with nice shiney chrome ones (actual chrome, not just chrome plated!).

Bought from vw dealer, not some cheap aftermarket cr@p.

The handles are from a polo classic estate and the part numbers are:
6k0837221F and 6k0837222F (left and right). £13 for the pair.
5 minute job to fit :)

Thanks to edc for the idea.... I think I beat you to fitting them too ;) :p

Pic:
door_handle.jpg

CupraDave

Just ordered mine from me friendly local VW garage

yeah baby yeah :rockon:

the part numbers should have 2ZZ at the end otherwise the VW computer does not recognise the part number

edc

Blue Leather & Shiny Bits
Feb 8, 2002
Surrey
www.clairecoileytrust.com
If you like that mod then do the TT pedals one. Do a search you'll find pics and part numbers I have posted. Not just a bling bling one this as the rubber grips are better than the acrylic ones and grip better for wet shoes and for heel and toe:)

Garth

Back in the S!
Mar 5, 2003
Newcastle
Visit site
Ok mate, the credit's all yours
:cheers:

I don't mind who was first, just wanted to show the picture off :D since no-one else had.

Now here's the challenge:

I want a chrome bit for the handbrake button to match now. Off you go and find one that fits peeps...

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
Originally posted by Garth
Ok mate, the credit's all yours
:cheers:

I don't mind who was first, just wanted to show the picture off :D since no-one else had.

Now here's the challenge:

I want a chrome bit for the handbrake button to match now. Off you go and find one that fits peeps...
and i was first to take the piss out of the jedi's garth,come on,be original:p :p :D

Garth

Back in the S!
Mar 5, 2003
Newcastle
Visit site
Originally posted by jason
and i was first to take the piss out of the jedi's garth,come on,be original:p :p :D
Damn it! missed out again! :mad:

Right, I'm going to be the first to cut off both my arms and legs! Beat that then :p

CupraDave

Thats mine on and fitted :D real easy to fit

they look sweet, hate to say this Saint but I got mine for £13 ;)

Adam

Aug 21, 2002
Kent
Visit site
The Saint said:
A Screwdriver will do the job. Haynes comes in handy but it is very simple.

I will be attempting to fit these tomorrow (in between the rugby matches). Do I need to remove the door panels? Is there a fitting guide?

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
Adam said:
I will be attempting to fit these tomorrow (in between the rugby matches). Do I need to remove the door panels? Is there a fitting guide?

basically there are two plastic circle thingys...u need to get these out with a small flat head screwdriver or something like that and there are two screws behind them...unscrew them and then it should slide off (on some cars i think there might be another screw? im not sure tho so just look around the handle and make sure there isnt before pulling at it)

Adam

Aug 21, 2002
Kent
Visit site
truCido said:
basically there are two plastic circle thingys...u need to get these out with a small flat head screwdriver or something like that and there are two screws behind them...unscrew them and then it should slide off (on some cars i think there might be another screw? im not sure tho so just look around the handle and make sure there isnt before pulling at it)

Are you referring to the plastic surround around the actual handle?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.