Inner boot lid cover needs replacing after repairing rear washer for the 3rd time

Rookwise

Meeeep Meeeeep !!!!!
Just had to repair my rear washer jet for the 3rd time this year and now the plastic inner cover that goes on the boot lid is no good. All the plastic clips have broken off now (very thin plastic. Bad idea vw).

Anyone know how much these are and also how much the metal clips are ?

The part number is 1M6867606C

Edit

Part number has changed for this part due to a revision. Part number is now 1M6867601D B41. Price is £40.49 + VAT

Last edited:

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Nope but post back when you find out. I was also wondering this when removing mine.
Did your washer fluid hose pop off?, you might want to try a higher concentrate of screen wash or one with a bit more anti freeze protection.

Rookwise

Meeeep Meeeeep !!!!!
The hose has come off a few times. Either off the motor or inside the N/S/R pannel. This time the jet had blocked as well so the pannel had to come off again. Its quite annoying as I've heard about the pegs breaking off the cover due to them being very thin plastic and is quite common.
From what I've gathered. The cover is around £45+vat then you will need the metal clips as well.
Oh. I've been using the same type of screenwash in for over a year now.Its SEAT's own screenwash.

Just wanting to confirm the price of the cover if anyone can help me as my local dealer isnt open until tuesday.

Rookwise

Meeeep Meeeeep !!!!!
Have just finished doing the washer pipework. Was a big blockage again and i've always used the SEAT screenwash. All connections were fine.
Took the plug off the rear jet and also off the front motor. Put an air gun on the boot side hose and blasted air down it. Loads came out of the front pipe.
Also did this to the jet itself just incase and re-taped up all the pipework plugs.

Checked the jet and theres that much pressure coming out now i can wash the front window with the rear jet lol

Went into my local SEAT dealer yesterday (Premier SEAT, Stoke On Trent). Told them the part number of the pannel and the part number wasn't recognised. Good job I took the pannel with me as well.
parts bloke put in the part number on the pannel (exactly the same as I said to him) and still nothing. Apparently theres one number missing.

He eventually found the part i needed and quoted £37.45 inc VAT with the metal clips at 30p each. 10 Clips are required

Ended up ordering one along with a few other bits I needed.

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
when i bought mine i didnt notice that the little plastic nozzle that directd the water onto the window is snapped off. Still works just about but really want to replace it. Anyone know if i have to change the whole wiper mechanism or if i can buy the plastic water jet piece?
Really dont want to try and explain this to seat as they will probably end up ordering me a new wing mirror lol

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
It certainly is on the Ibiza, so I'd imagine the Leon is a similar design.

My father had to shell out for a whole new motor on his Ibiza as the washer pipe inside the spindle had broken. It was quite funny - the washer jet used to rotate with the wiper so it would soak pedestrians and then wash the street too as the wiper rotated! :D

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Feck that's a bit more expensive than I thought it would be. Saying that a new battery cover is £8 odd :(

marshyc

Mar 12, 2006
Huddersfield
when i bought mine i didnt notice that the little plastic nozzle that directd the water onto the window is snapped off. Still works just about but really want to replace it. Anyone know if i have to change the whole wiper mechanism or if i can buy the plastic water jet piece?
Really dont want to try and explain this to seat as they will probably end up ordering me a new wing mirror lol

You can buy just the jet cos I got one not long ago.

I will search out the paperwork and post up the part number.

Cost about £4 I think.

The plastic jet piece fits into the brass tube. It is only the tube downwards that is part of the motor assembly but having said that if you have a Valeo motor you can get a repair kit from vagparts.com

Last edited:

marshyc

Mar 12, 2006
Huddersfield
Right here it is.

Part number: 3B9 955 985 A
Description: Spraying Jet

Got this off the sticker on the bag that it came in. Can't remember exactly how much it was but it was under £10.

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
sorry i took so long to reply mate. forgot all about asking the question. Cheers for taking the time to find the number saved me a good few quid. Il order one in a bit.

Rookwise

Meeeep Meeeeep !!!!!
Not had much time to come on here over the last few days.

The part number for the inner boot pannel has changed due to a revision and also comes with all metal clips pre fitted.
When I fitted my new pannel I ended up getting some help as the clips wouldnt align properly due to defects in the pannel. Ended up warming the plastic up and straightening it all out. All gone on properly now.

Part number for the inner boot pannel is now 1M6867601D B41. Price is £40.49 + VAT