Install single DIN headunit

a22tenc

Jan 21, 2015
Been thinking into buying a 2DIN Pioneer SPH DA120 as I've seen many buying that one but the amount of work and parts I need to buy has put me off plus that one is made for apple phones and I'm a android guy and to be honest I don't think I need a headunit with a touchscreen display. So my head is now turned to single din and I've been searching for some hours and found that there are single din fascia for this mk5 facelift but the one that I found is quite ugly with that empty box below so later I found this one which is perfect no need to move the hazards, esp and airbaig buttons.

The problem is that I can't find anyone selling it.

img-4954543d58.jpg

07f00c612ba124bb0de90ffabb65220e.jpg

PeterA

Oct 12, 2015
Are sure it's not a Seat part from a lower spec market ?,the reason i say this is i've seen Ford de spec cars going to Poland with a very similar idea about the facia.

Vini

Aug 18, 2016
I think you want 6J0858061B, which comes in a series of colours. Good luck finding it, although I see you're in Portugal, so you might have better luck than most!

You should go Double DIN though - go for Android Auto if 'droid is your thing :)

28674651604_62c5a8150c_b.jpg

Last edited:

a22tenc

Jan 21, 2015
Are sure it's not a Seat part from a lower spec market ?,the reason i say this is i've seen Ford de spec cars going to Poland with a very similar idea about the facia.

Maybe you're right. Tomorrow I will call Seat to see if they have it or order it for me.
In the meantime I think I found the only place in the internet that sells this. But i't's a bit expensive if it's just the fascia. I'm here thinking how it will support the weight of the back of the stereo.

http://vag-navisystems.com/ibiza-6j...din-original-seat-seat-ibiza-6j-2013/320?en=0

Ugly... Just buy an original radio

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

This is ugly.

Image078.jpg

This might be the part no: 6J0858061A

I think there are variations in colour if you look around as well.

It's 6J0858061B AN1.

I think you want 6J0858061B, which comes in a series of colours. Good luck finding it, although I see you're in Portugal, so you might have better luck than most!

You should go Double DIN though - go for Android Auto if 'droid is your thing :)

28674651604_62c5a8150c_b.jpg

That was my first option, but there's too many things to fiddle around plus Android Auto are very veery expensive at the moment.

Vini

Aug 18, 2016
In the meantime I think I found the only place in the internet that sells this. But i't's a bit expensive if it's just the fascia. I'm here thinking how it will support the weight of the back of the stereo.

€55 is cheap. The guy on the page I found the product code on paid €90.

It will support the weight, in the same way the original one does. The original one, give or take it's stupid shape, is effectively Single DIN. There's enough plastic in the dash to support the Single DIN.

This is probably what you've seen me cut out, in my Double DIN installation tutorial!

a22tenc

Jan 21, 2015
€55 is cheap. The guy on the page I found the product code on paid €90.

It will support the weight, in the same way the original one does. The original one, give or take it's stupid shape, is effectively Single DIN. There's enough plastic in the dash to support the Single DIN.

This is probably what you've seen me cut out, in my Double DIN installation tutorial!

Just talked to Seat they quote 25€ plus vat, that's half the price of the one on the internet. I will definitely buy it. He said it needs to be ordered from spain as they never sold it.

Vini

Aug 18, 2016
Just talked to Seat they quote 25€ plus vat, that's half the price of the one on the internet. I will definitely buy it. He said it needs to be ordered from spain as they never sold it.

Bonus! :funk:

a22tenc

Jan 21, 2015
Does anyone know if I need to buy any adapter ? I know I need one to get the steering controls working but are the headunit cables plug and play ?

Vini

Aug 18, 2016
You'll need

CT27AA14 - This converts the Seat Fakra connection to standard DIN Antenna, it requires power. Without power, your FM signal is non-existent.
CTMULTILEAD.2 - 30CM Universal head unit connection lead for whichever brand of headunit you get.
CTSST001.2 - This converts the Seat Quadralock connection into standard ISO output for Pioneer, Alpine etc, but also includes the inline connector for functional Seat Steering Wheel Control Interface.

...or the equivalent if Connects2 is not available in your country.

Last edited:

a22tenc

Jan 21, 2015
You'll need

CT27AA14 - This converts the Seat Fakra connection to standard DIN Antenna, it requires power. Without power, your FM signal is non-existent.
CTMULTILEAD.2 - 30CM Universal head unit connection lead for whichever brand of headunit you get.
CTSST001.2 - This converts the Seat Quadralock connection into standard ISO output for Pioneer, Alpine etc, but also includes the inline connector for functional Seat Steering Wheel Control Interface.

...or the equivalent if Connects2 is not available in your country.

Doesn't the CTSST001.2 have already included the cables from CTMULTILEAD.2 ? Because they both refer the steering control.

a22tenc

Jan 21, 2015
Finally got the fascia. I can confirm it is this code 6J0 858 061B AN1
It can only be ordered from seat dealer.

So next step is now choosing the headunit, i've been searching for quite a while and I ended up with Pioneer.

Not sure which one should i buy, DEH-X9600BT, DEH-X8700BT and then there is the DEH-80PRS that everyone says it's the best headunit you can get, but apart from being older I read somewhere that it doesn't support steering stalk control not sure if it's true.

IMG_20161220_165352.jpg

IMG_20161220_165430.jpg

Nov 28, 2020
Finally got the fascia. I can confirm it is this code 6J0 858 061B AN1
It can only be ordered from seat dealer.

So next step is now choosing the headunit, i've been searching for quite a while and I ended up with Pioneer.

Not sure which one should i buy, DEH-X9600BT, DEH-X8700BT and then there is the DEH-80PRS that everyone says it's the best headunit you can get, but apart from being older I read somewhere that it doesn't support steering stalk control not sure if it's true.

IMG_20161220_165352.jpg

IMG_20161220_165430.jpg

Did you ever get a single din radio fitted without having to relocate the buttons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk