installing aftermarket cd player help?

Deleted member 36158

ok so i want to install an aftermarket cd player in my leon so went to halfords yesterday to get the fascia adapter. i was told they dont do one for my car after the guy looked at it. he also said he didnt think it was possible to change it... i've done a few searches on here but could only find posts for sat nav or dvd fascias which i dont want. i've had a look on ebay and found this... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEAT-Leon-2008-CD-Stereo-L-H-D-Fascia-Panel-CT24ST06L_W0QQitemZ270432508969QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_FasciaPlates_SM?hash=item3ef7089c29&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 but it says for left hand drive and 2008 model. it looks what i need but just want to make sure because i'm not sure at all? mines is 2007 model. has anyone pics of one installed in their car?

Jun 1, 2009
west lothian
ok so i want to install an aftermarket cd player in my leon so went to halfords yesterday to get the fascia adapter. i was told they dont do one for my car after the guy looked at it. he also said he didnt think it was possible to change it... i've done a few searches on here but could only find posts for sat nav or dvd fascias which i dont want. i've had a look on ebay and found this... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEAT-Leon-2008-CD-Stereo-L-H-D-Fascia-Panel-CT24ST06L_W0QQitemZ270432508969QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_FasciaPlates_SM?hash=item3ef7089c29&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 but it says for left hand drive and 2008 model. it looks what i need but just want to make sure because i'm not sure at all? mines is 2007 model. has anyone pics of one installed in their car?

Thats only for LHD model,had a look on the net but can't see anyone selling adapter for RHD.

Deleted member 36158

i may sound daft... but what does it matter if its left or right? its just a fascia for the middle of the car...? would the dealers sell one?

tedmorbed

I have used these people before they seem OK.
caraudiosecurity.com

Jun 1, 2009
west lothian
i may sound daft... but what does it matter if its left or right? its just a fascia for the middle of the car...? would the dealers sell one?

If you look at the fascia in the car the rounded part is on your l/h side, on the part on ebay its on the right so it wouldn't fit.Its the exact opposite of the rhd fascia.

Deleted member 36158

If you look at the fascia in the car the rounded part is on your l/h side, on the part on ebay its on the right so it wouldn't fit.Its the exact opposite of the rhd fascia.

ahhh get you now!

Deleted member 36158

my car hasnt got steering wheel controls and nither did my ibiza...

i dunno i just want it to look like this... :(:cry:

123009.jpg

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
For the fascia , contact Dave at Sere motors on this forum , he will supply you with the right facia adaptor in the right colour and with the fixing clips , think mine came to £10 including postage.
Just tell him exactly the same as you have told us and he will sort you out , he is a top bloke and you will get the right part delivered first time ;)

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
my car hasnt got steering wheel controls and nither did my ibiza...

i dunno i just want it to look like this... :(:cry:

123009.jpg

Beth, I had that facia adaptor and it doesn't fit right. The cage for the CD player is quite loose as is the tray. Go for the way me and Mike have done it. the proper sat-nav facia is £13 from Seat, the golf double din cage is about £10 from ebay plus a few clips from Halfords and the wiring adaptors you need. I got a local place to wire my car ready for my Sony headunit. Have a look on TFSIMikes guide if you haven't already, he posted up the page.

Danny.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise