Installing ipod cable into glovebox (leon mk1)

wvw

Hello there,
I have finally snapped with the Aura unit (I thought sound was reasonably good, however radio could hardly keep a signal for more than 20 mins driving) and have bought a becker grand prix unit. I want to use the Ipod adapter cable and hook it up in the glovebox. Now, I know I can remove the little compartment where the cd changer should go, but does anyone know any tips on what to remove to make it easier to route the cable?

Any help would be much appreciated!!

lard44

Watching C beams...
Apr 30, 2007
Braintree, Essex
I got rid of the changer altogether and used a wire coathanger to push it around - I don't know if you could do the same then just put the changer back in?

Alternatively, run it from the little shelf under the glove box and behind the stereo?

wvw

Cheers mate, I havent actually got a changer though, but it sounds as if I might be able to feed it through without removing much trim.

lard44

Watching C beams...
Apr 30, 2007
Braintree, Essex
Oh right - shouldn't be too much hassle - just be careful with the 'other' end of the coathanger - I put a scratch up my door without realisingas I was so concerned with pushing it through to the HU.

Phil_beeza

May 15, 2007
i've just put my left hand crossover unit in the glove box

drilled a couple of holes around the edge in the upper half, so bits wont fall out down the bottom

wvw

So the concensus is, i should be able to route the ipod cable from glovebox to behind stereo pretty easy if i just remove cd changer shelf/compartment, theres no real problem with things getting in the way, just a bit fiddley?

Aug 29, 2006
Poole
Take the entire glovebox out...There is a guide which is HERE

Also, my little pic
23032007065.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.