Instructions / pics needed for cleaning manifold

nathal

Oct 20, 2008
i want to clean out the manifold and saw complete instructions on how to do this, but have lost them.

can anyone find them or have them

thanks

nathal

Oct 20, 2008
sorry, should have said that.

the manifold in engine bay, think that must be the inlet

nathal

Oct 20, 2008
rather than starting a new thread, can someone point me in direction of thermostat on 1.9 tdi 110 toledo.

from what i can see there are two sensors. looking into engine bay from front of car, one is connected to bottom right hand side of front radiator.

second, right hand side of engine block half way down.

also where could i get reasonable priced replacement items from.#

eurocarparts or are there any other internet companies i can get good parts from

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Is this the intake manifold page you have seen?

http://pics2.tdiclub.com/gwillie/VW/Sballintake/INTAKEMAN101b.htm

http://pics.tdiclub.com/gwillie/VW/Sballintake/Intake_Manifold_Cleaning.pdf

The thermostat on a 1.9 TDI 110 Toledo is in the block. Take off the pipe that connects to the radiator bottom hose and you'll find the thermostat behind it.

However, the sensors you're talking about aren't anything to do with the thermostat, which is a self-acting control element with no electrical connection.

The sensor in the engine coolant radiator, assuming that is what you mean by "the front radiator", is a thermoswitch for the radiator fans. However, I'd identify the "front radiator" as the condenser for the air conditioning coolant circuit.

Right hand side of the engine block half way down describes the position of the oil filter housing, to me. The sensor connected there is the oil pressure sensor.

On the right hand end of the cylinder head there is a piece of coolant pipework which has the coolant temperature sensor in it.

I'll need some more detail to identify these sensors with any more accuracy.

nathal

Oct 20, 2008
great job. that the diagram i needed#

got the coolant temp sensor (£15) and will replace that, as that affects the temperature hand in car.

my problem is , the bottom pipe of radiator is cold when the top one is hot, so im guessing thermostat

nathal

Oct 20, 2008
replaced coolant sensor, 5 minute job, used the old '0' ring

the temperate hand in car now reads temperatures between 60 and 90 and not just 90 or 60 anymore.

the old one had brown/corroded end on it

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.