Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

Instrument Cluster Removal Help

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk3 (2000-2002)' started by leebowles, Jul 10, 2012.

1. leebowles

leebowles Guest

Hi just wondering how difficult this is to do, when i bought my cupra, engine management light was never on, Guy said it never has been on with him.... also the rev counter points due south, does rev, but like 1500rpm lower then it should be? so, ive bought a new set of fleabay, but just wondering if this is a job i can do myself, or send it off to a garage? thanks :)

#1 leebowles, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2012
  2. CupraElliott

Steering wheel off, remove the plastic surround (2 screws in the top) and I think there's a few screws on the cluster unit itself, remove plugs and thre you go.

3. Seatmann

Seatmann Rough around the edges

Don't need the steering wheel off, you'll need to code in the clocks though I think as they have the immo built in I'm sure.

4. Berg

Did mine a while back, they didnt need coding or anything like that

I dont think you will do it with the standard wheel on either, mine was tight and i have an aftermarket wheel which was spaced further forward at the time

5. Seatmann

They definitely come out with the steering wheel in place, had mine out too, just a bit of wiggling but once you get it you realise how easy it is lol

6. leebowles

leebowles Guest

well gonna attempt it tommorrow, i have vagcom if it does need coding, although not sure how i go about that yet, just the car goig up for sale and well need all the things done to make it right again, ill try with steering wheel on but if too much ill take it off :)

7. leebowles

leebowles Guest

im slightly confused... reason i changed dash was because there was no engine management light, put new one in today, and again no management light comes on, is there even a management light on these? also recoded the key but now immo flashes constantly... im in a real mess, coded the key with the immo code, but obviously im doing something wrong...any help please.

#7 leebowles, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2012
  8. Seatmann

Recoded the key or the remote?

9. leebowles

leebowles Guest

the key, had no other option, when i changed clocks it wouldnt start, so got immo code and doded the key with that code then it started no problem, but its flashing on dash

10. Seatmann

Are you sure they're both the same immo? I'm not sure if there's more than one but i know you can get something like that on the Mk4 golf with some clocks.

11. leebowles

leebowles Guest

i really wouldnt know how to check bud?? not got a clue

12. Seatmann

13. Seatmann

14. attila_tdi

attila_tdi Active Member

Quick question - should i disconnect the battery first?

15. Seatmann

Never a bad idea, I do.