Instrument Cluster White LED Lighting

Bondiblu

Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2007
Cheshire
hi!
ive been searching around forums and i found some posts that just removing instrument cluster (and putting it back) caused car not starting.. Then the had to rescan some thing (dont know exactly what). Did you have some similar problems?

And i would also want to know if you removed the ground cable from the battery before removing instrument cluster?

I have done another thread about removing the instrument cluster on a 130pd sport (6 dial cluster) to sort out the common immobiliser issue.

I would suggest you disconnect the battery before removing The cluster, and you shouldn't have any problems unless you don't seat the 2 connectors properly before trying to turn the car back on, else you would get an air bag light and a whole lot of intermittent communication errors logged on the ecu.

Bondiblu

Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2007
Cheshire
I'm assuming you talking about the dial backing being White. These are from the cupra models. You could possibly find an after Market replacement backing. I'm sure I remember a guy on a polo forum who was printing them!!! (for polos) this way you wouldn't need to code a new cluster in.

CYGAMER

If you have time to find him it will be a great help. Do you remember the website-forum to search him up?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise