Instrument Panel Display Mystery Icons?

thirl88

Jan 22, 2018
On the main instrument panel of my new Ibiza FR, when I first turn on the ignition I see
3 identical icons/symbols that I do not recognise. They do not seem to be mentioned in my copy of the users manual.

When I turn on the ignition I see 3 identical icons/symbols that look (a bit) like tear drops. These are positioned at the bottom right corner of the main rectangular info panel. The briefly appear and are then replaced by the trip counter display when I start the engine.

Can someone tell what these mean and (if anywhere) where they are mentioned in the manual?

thirl88

Jan 22, 2018
Ohhh! Duh!

Nobody has sat in the back of my new car... until now. So, I make my wife come out into the street in the dark in her dressing gown and slippers and I sit her in the back of the car. I think she thought we were about to relive our first date!!!!! "Put your seat belt on"... "Won't it get in the way"? "Not for what I have in mind".

Sure enough the symbol changed when she plugged in the seat belt, and it shows it has been fastened. I now realise that the 3 "tear drop" symbols are actually the 3 empty seats in the back!

Thanks a lot.

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
Ohhh! Duh!

Nobody has sat in the back of my new car... until now. So, I make my wife come out into the street in the dark in her dressing gown and slippers and I sit her in the back of the car. I think she thought we were about to relive our first date!!!!! "Put your seat belt on"... "Won't it get in the way"? "Not for what I have in mind".

Sure enough the symbol changed when she plugged in the seat belt, and it shows it has been fastened. I now realise that the 3 "tear drop" symbols are actually the 3 empty seats in the back!

Thanks a lot.

Haha that’s okay... glad it was something easy :)

Though, you do appear to have disappointed your wife... ;)

thirl88

Jan 22, 2018
> you do appear to have disappointed your wife...

No more than usual.

But on the plus side she thinks the back seats are very comfortable.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.