Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Insurance 18 year old LEON FR TDI mk2

Discussion in 'Insurance' started by Imran, Sep 29, 2008.

1. ChrisGTL

ChrisGTL 'Awesome' LCR225

Jweepers!

I dont feel so angry about paying £900 for my 1st MKII Golf now......I guess someone has to cover the costs of the young wipper snapper car thiefs.

2. Danneh

Danneh Guest

03 IBIZA TDI PD 130

Fully Comp, breakdown and medical included

Me as main driver

£2,700.

CHeapest I can get when I get this car...

:ban:

3. cupra.rich

cupra.rich Full Member

im 19 and im pay just over £1700 for my 2004 leon cupra (i was paying 4k/per year for my subaru before)

4. Danneh

Danneh Guest

Are you Mr. F'inCrazy?

:p

5. Torquemonster

Torquemonster Full Member

:( That's shocking.I've got the same car,fully comp,pncb and legal cover for £219 a year.

Who is your quote with?.

6. Danneh

Danneh Guest

I bet you walk with a cane your that old.. :D

I'm with Norwich Union..

7. Torquemonster

:lol: I'm probably older than your dad!.(43).Still,age and experience does have it's advantages!.:harhar:

8. Danneh

Danneh Guest

:ban:

My dad's 51.

:D

9. Danneh

Danneh Guest

Btw.

Hows the car? ENjoying it? Fun?

10. Torquemonster

:D I love my wee car.The ultimate wolf in sheeps clothing.Well,maybe apart from a Bora 130.I've had it 3.5 years now,no mods or anything it's fast enough as it is.I was going to get some Carlos Fandango 18' alloys and a massive dustbin lid sized exhaust for it.Maybe a huge whale tail rear spoiler as well.But i think i'm maybe 20 years too old for that stuff!.:redface:

What about you?.Is it your first motor?.Good start.:happy:

11. Danneh

Danneh Guest

Nah my second motor!

I've already driven a 2.4TDI Volvo!

My first car I loved.. it was a smexi Suzuki Swift :D

That ended up kissing an Audi.

12. scotbren

scotbren scott

cupra 55 plate, 20 yr old cheapest i can get is £3300. bargin
    still £1200 on the mothers insurance

13. Danneh

Danneh Guest

You got no, no claims :p

14. scotbren

scotbren scott

2 yrs with directline but they wouldnt touch me on the inlaws until il 21

15. Torquemonster

:) I like the Swift Sport.Tasty looking wee car.Bit thin on the ground though,bit like the 130 Sport's i suppose.

Once you start building up your ncb you'll see the prices tumble.Feel sorry for all you young folk trying to get insurance for your first car.It was nowhere near as costly back in the good old days.:(

16. cupra.rich

cupra.rich Full Member

lol no, i just like my cars but get bored too easy!!
    as said before, try bell or admrial (think there the same anyway) but they came in about £700 cheaper than most other places for the leon cupra but for my impreza they quoted about 5k so its calculated on a spinning wheel of rip offs i think.
    cheers
    rich

17. Danneh

Danneh Guest

Your right.

My wheel landed on Norwich Union.

Pfft. Bloody rip offs tbh.

18. cupraslayer

cupraslayer I want more bhp

going to sound like a old man now ( im 28 before you all start lol). your better just to wait. yes ,when you get your first car you have all these dreams of 20inch alloys, turbos, flames down the sides etc etc. but thanks to drivers without insurance, drivers who drive like t**ts, twocers, and a few other things, its people like ourselfs who foot the high insurance costs.its wrong in my eyes, that we should suffer ( as ive had a hit and run done to me taking out half of my leon[:@] ), but its the way it is and always will be. i pay £410 which isnt to bad now i guess , thats with me and the mrs driving, and all the mods. that would be another thing, if you do mod the car , TELL THE INSURANCE!!!!!. theres been a thread on here that was banned over arguments on someone not declairing their mods ( insurance will be void ):ban:. i know you dont need telling all this mate and i hope you do get a good quote, as crap as it sounds you will pay through the teeth.
    good luck bud.

19. Danneh

Danneh Guest

As odd as it may seem.. I don't have dreams of alloys, sideskirts, etc. I don't like to modified car market anymore. It's rather odd, I know. I only like standard manufac mods these days. I know what your saying though..

I've already had my first car, and I've already been in with the boy racers with saxo's. I don't like it anymore. I only like smart looking cars, with smart looking mods/manufac mods. Like the Cupra/FR front bumper etc, as opposed to a aftermarket bodykit.

I find it odd that I grew out of that rather quick...

Or the fact you look like a twat in a jumped up 1.2 Corsa. TBH.

20. cupraslayer

cupraslayer I want more bhp

everyone has their own tastes mate. not all people in 1.2 corsas are twats , many have put hard earned cash into them and drive them normally, the same with any other make of cars. its just the few that ruin it for the likes of people like you and i. but is is that few that make our insurance that much expensive when they wrap it around a tree, or hit another driver to find out their not insured because they havent said about the mods. insurance companys will use any excuse not to pay out. all i can say is keep looking for a quote mate. it probley wont be what you want to pay out but they have us all by the b*****ks becausethey now we need cars for work etc.... expensive insurance wont last foever mate. hope you do get the car you want and a resonable insurance quote.