Insurance companies

Georgie

WADDA YA WANT.. EH?!
Nov 27, 2005
FLEET
what insurance companies do you all use for your cars and who does the best deals?

i am currently with Tescos and my premium is at £700 ish, this was before my claim for my golf and this is with a 10% pass plus discount and a 10% buy online discount.

i am 21 and have only been driving 6 months and made 1 claim is in progress for my golf.

the Leon is the same engine size as my golf but is a lower insurance group, as much as tescos were the cheapest for that i am not convinced that they will be the best for my leon.. as .. well i want to spend money tinkering with it and not insurning it!!

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
if you are planning on modifying your car mate, as per the other thread, I recommend Adrian Flux. Seem to be the most mod friendly, and IIRC they even offer a discount to forum members.... I THINK....

I am 23now, fully comp with 5yrs protected ncb and various mods - all for £700/yr.

Georgie

WADDA YA WANT.. EH?!
Nov 27, 2005
FLEET
i dont plan on modding the power much.. as at the moment thats enough. i just plan on making it a Cupra copy. i love the look.. just not the insurance.

i had a look at them and applied for a quote, we will see what they give me in the morning i imagine. i may just give them a call.

cheers

bumblingfool

Just Another Number...
Nov 26, 2004
Lincoln
£700 i assume it aint on a golf 180 gti cos if it is thats mega cheap considering ur info.

Mines £650, 5 years driving, 3Years no claims (never claimed, dont get me onto it!!!) on a Cupra, oh yeah im 22. thats with direct line. no one else came within £100 for me, even adrian flux wanted £900 and they are usually good to me :shrug:

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
yeh but a bodykit/wheels still count as mods - directline wouldnt touch me with an aftermarket dump-valve, let alone bigger alloy wheels!

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
I'm with Elephant and they seem pretty reasonable. Nobody could get anywhere near them this year and they even gave me money off my renewal when I complained about it being expensive. :)

neeleyveeley

Eyed Beauty
Mar 9, 2004
Midlands
Visit site
mrcoyote said:
I'm with Elephant and they seem pretty reasonable. Nobody could get anywhere near them this year and they even gave me money off my renewal when I complained about it being expensive. :)

Mate I'd get out as soon as you can from them, underwritten by Admiral so don't use them either. The theft of my car is now running into 4 months to resolve!!!! They are totally useless and I have made a formal complaint to the insurance ombisman about them - once my settlement is resolved I will be taking further action against them also.

I was with Adrian Flux last year and agree that their service was pretty good but what are they like when making a claim??

Leon Cup R

A THIRST TO BE FIRST
Jan 6, 2005
Somewhere in Berkshire
Direct Line for me nearly 22. Got four yrs driving no claims £900 on an LCR,

was well happy with that :)

All the other companies ive tried have been in excess of £1500

mfosker

Admiral were cheapest for me, just under £800
28 years old with 2 years no claims. Thats with an LC parked in the street in bristol.
They only wanted about £20 extra for my exhaust.