insurance do i tell them about exhaust tip

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
I wouldnt have thought so as its not a system....and if you get rid of it or write it off, you could always cut em off and get replacement ends from a car accessory shop anyway to make it normal again.....
(not that i have been involved in that practice in the past:whistle:)

nak

May 13, 2006
Anything made diffrent, from the original spec, is a modification in insurance company's eyes, been through all this already, when it comes to a claim, not worth the hassle, ask yourself this, if in any way the car does not look the same, as it was when it came off the production line, wheather it be engine, body, go faster stripes, wheels and so on, anything from the original spec, you are modernizing your vehicle, so just make sure you are with a insurance company, that knows all the mod's on you car, been there already, insurance just about repaired damage, now i have moved to a diffirent insurance company, who have covered everything i have done, over the past six months, my previous insurance company would only cover a MAX of 3 mod's on car. :-o

Anyway how is your motor recovering, MIDCUK ?

Last edited:

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
Sure anything you do to a car once it has left the factory is a modification, but if you have a body kit already....an "exhaust tip" can come under that. as stated....its not a system and it isnt adding BHP to the car...

I really see little value in calling the old insurance company and paying % after % after % for every little mod....think about it....
W8 light....Peddle rubbers.....badgeless grill....wanna pay extra 10% because of each individual declaration....
..bumpers/skirts are BIG changes = bodykit...deffo declare...and alloy wheels are seperate again....:blink:

nak

May 13, 2006
Point taken Sam, but when i was trying to make a claim with my old insurance company, i had a rear stainless steel box on, which did not improve the bhp of the car, but could i get it through to them, they where not having none of it, they asked me to prove it, how could i do that, so i had to put it down as a modifiication, which they asked me to do, infact the only mods i had on my car at that time, where tinted windows and a rear s/s exhaust and did they play up with these two modifications, it was a very worrying time for me, when they told me a decision had to be made, wheather they would pay up or not, i was bricking it, just don't want anyone else , going through what i went through.
The insurance company i am with now, are not rip off merchants and pride themselves on giving resonable insurance quotes, too people with modded up cars because they believe they look after their vehicles but you have to be a mature driver:think:

nak

May 13, 2006
Hi Dan, the insurance company i'm with now is Adrian flux, hope this helps.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.