Insurance impact of fitting Forge DV007P

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
even seat superceed some parts, example say a valeo part becomes obsolete, a bosch one can be the replacement, different manufacturers same use and final outcome.

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire
and I'm sure tons of independant garages will use the cheapest part they can get their hands on and its law that using an independant garage cannot invalidate your warranty.

Turbo Lemon

Jun 4, 2005
Kent/S.E. London
CupraUK said:
and I'm sure tons of independant garages will use the cheapest part they can get their hands on and its law that using an independant garage cannot invalidate your warranty.

Not quite right.

Warranty will only be honoured if serviced at a non dealer if the garage has used VAG parts. A main dealer doesn't have to do the work, but genuine parts must be used.

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
Adrian flux are good, i got my LCR for 770 Fully comp, with breakdown etc etc im 24. They charged me 20 quid for fitting RAM air induction to me car the other week, not to bad i thought, however they charge a £15 ish adjustment fee. Give em a bell there well helpfull.

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire
Turbo Lemon said:
Not quite right.

Warranty will only be honoured if serviced at a non dealer if the garage has used VAG parts. A main dealer doesn't have to do the work, but genuine parts must be used.
OK, I stand corrected.

Hicks

Let's nuke 'em from orbit
Nov 26, 2002
Relocated Yorkshireman
Visit site
jason said:
why did you fit one in the first place?placcy one failed?

It seems to have a problem, yes.
I made a mistake in phoning the insurance co. in the first place. But I did learn something interesting. Some policies have limits on the number of mods/optional extras you can have. If you go over the limit then they add loading to the policy. They are classing the dump valve as a mod.
I tried to explain it was a like-for-like part, and actually more reliable than the standard one.
I doubt very much whether I'll be renewing the policy.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.