Insurance Repair Advice

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
New steering wheel can be picked up off eBay for about £160. If it was me personally I’d get them to swap it. Unless they’re going to give you half the price of a brand new one which is probably about he same as an eBay one.
They're offering half the cost of a new one so I think I'll take the money!

I'm sure over time the scuff will fade away and I'll notice it less, that's the only mark on the steering wheel as the car's only a year old.

Might buy myself a dashcam with the money so I can catch people like the idiot who drove into me!

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
If it was me, I think I’d take the money.

Looking at your photos, the damaged area is quite small and I think I’d either you could improve it considerably by rubbing a little black shoe polish into the scuff mark.

Spending the money on a dash cam sounds like a good idea.

Reactions: ryzzey

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
Final update:

Garage gave me £150 for the scuff on the steering wheel and I'm going to work on it with shoe polish.

I then found a screw missing from the rear bumper to quarter panel (that they replaced!) and waxoyl leaking from a few parts. They sorted these issues out and gave me a full tank of fuel as an apology.

In total my car was taken to the garage for the initial repair, and then returned 5 times for various issues that arose.

I've taken it up with Admiral as their work is terrible and I am genuinely considering not renewing my policy with them if they continue to use poor repairers like these!

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Final update:

Garage gave me £150 for the scuff on the steering wheel and I'm going to work on it with shoe polish.

I then found a screw missing from the rear bumper to quarter panel (that they replaced!) and waxoyl leaking from a few parts. They sorted these issues out and gave me a full tank of fuel as an apology.

In total my car was taken to the garage for the initial repair, and then returned 5 times for various issues that arose.

I've taken it up with Admiral as their work is terrible and I am genuinely considering not renewing my policy with them if they continue to use poor repairers like these!

I feel for you man! I'm in a similar position. Admiral are crooks, I recently renewed to Aviva much better.

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
I feel for you man! I'm in a similar position. Admiral are crooks, I recently renewed to Aviva much better.
Did Admiral give you any response if you complained? Going to call them later and explain it all. A repair should never be this frustrating. The accident was 2 months ago and I’ve only just got the car back with all problems fixed.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014

+1 for Aviva. Not always the cheapest, but IMO you get what you pay for. Insurance is a grudge purchase for most of us, but if you’re unfortunate enough to need to claim, good claims service counts for a lot.

My brother is also insured with Aviva. He had the misfortune to have one of those small muntjac deer jump out from the side of the road and into his car and it did a fair amount of damage. His car was repaired at a manufacturer approved repairer (which was also one of Aviva’s recommended repairers) and the quality of the repair was excellent, as was the overall claims service. I’ve also used their claims service in the past and received excellent service.

In my experience, they’re also prepared to be flexible on the premium they quote you at renewal date to keep you as a customer.

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Did Admiral give you any response if you complained? Going to call them later and explain it all. A repair should never be this frustrating. The accident was 2 months ago and I’ve only just got the car back with all problems fixed.

Sort’ve, my claims a little bit complicated as it’s non fault accident admiral put me through to Auxillius. Which have been a nightmare to deal with.

I phoned admiral, they sorted out a complaint and sent it to Auxillius.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
Sort’ve, my claims a little bit complicated as it’s non fault accident admiral put me through to Auxillius. Which have been a nightmare to deal with.

I phoned admiral, they sorted out a complaint and sent it to Auxillius.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mines also being dealt with by Auxillis as a non fault claim, which Admiral keep reminding me of when I phone them to complain.

I pay Admiral for my insurance, whichever third party company they choose to use is their choice. Therefore they should take responsibility for the poor work.

Auxillis say they are investigating my complaint but they’ve said that for the past week.

I’ll keep you posted but not holding out much hope!

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Mines also being dealt with by Auxillis as a non fault claim, which Admiral keep reminding me of when I phone them to complain.

I pay Admiral for my insurance, whichever third party company they choose to use is their choice. Therefore they should take responsibility for the poor work.

Auxillis say they are investigating my complaint but they’ve said that for the past week.

I’ll keep you posted but not holding out much hope!

A fellow auxillius sufferer! I've left a nice complaint on trustpilot about them suggest you do the same.

Unfortunately this is a way of admiral escaping liabilty and costs to themselves. Works like this;
1. Auxillius is an accident management company who pay admiral a referral fee around £750 to gain your custom.
2. They then lend you a Credit Hire car not a courtesy (which I bet admiral pushed as with there policy you only get a small courtesy car.)
3. You sign the documents for the credit hire car, which hold you liable for the cost. In my case it was £247 a day in total mine has cost £9550 for the 2 months I had it. This gets charged to the third party, and becomes part of the cost to repair your car. which they make a nice wedge of cash out of.

My case has got very murky as the garage have caused extensive damage to my brand new Cupra. I have lodged a formal complaint, still doesn't seem to bother them. However i have the direct number of the faults rectification team if you wish to contact them? 01915233194
They also use acorn assessors if you wish to have a rant and moan. 08448470480

Enjoy

heliophile

May 1, 2016
Manchester
A fellow auxillius sufferer! I've left a nice complaint on trustpilot about them suggest you do the same.

Unfortunately this is a way of admiral escaping liabilty and costs to themselves. Works like this;
1. Auxillius is an accident management company who pay admiral a referral fee around £750 to gain your custom.
2. They then lend you a Credit Hire car not a courtesy (which I bet admiral pushed as with there policy you only get a small courtesy car.)
3. You sign the documents for the credit hire car, which hold you liable for the cost. In my case it was £247 a day in total mine has cost £9550 for the 2 months I had it. This gets charged to the third party, and becomes part of the cost to repair your car. which they make a nice wedge of cash out of.

My case has got very murky as the garage have caused extensive damage to my brand new Cupra. I have lodged a formal complaint, still doesn't seem to bother them. However i have the direct number of the faults rectification team if you wish to contact them? 01915233194
They also use acorn assessors if you wish to have a rant and moan. 08448470480

Enjoy
And if the third party contests the hire car cost you may be asked to testify in court why you needed it.

Reactions: Titchy

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
The one thing accident management companies seem to be very good at is feathering their own nests by taking their large cut on the over-inflated price charged for aspects of the claim such as car hire. They seem to be very poor at managing the claim for the benefit of the innocent party in an accident situation, and that’s what they should be good at.

Who ends up paying these inflated ancillary claims-associated costs? As the use of accident management companies result higher claims costs to the insurance industry which impacts insurers bottom line profits, we, the motorists are the ones that pay, as a result of insurers increasing their rates/premiums to restore their profits.

Poor service and high charges isn’t a good deal for the customer!

Last edited:

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
I'm new to this thread but see a few people mentioning using seat esurance and Seat approved bodyshops. In my own personal experience if you want a half arsed job that looks like it's been done by an apprentice a seat bodyshop is the road to go down. They had my old car a month after respraying a paint defect on the boot, they put the new badges on the wrong positions, then taking the badges off the paint come off aswell. When they resprayed it they some how resprayed the whole interior leaving everything and I mean everything covered in white paint particles. I now only use an independent award winning garage run by a family who do a perfect job every time.

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
Shame that Seat Ensurance weren't great regarding the actual repair, not what you expect from a Seat approved bodyshop!

It's annoying that your own insurance company push you so much to go with their accident management company, as if I had known what I do now I would have preferred to deal with the third party's insurer directly.

Especially seeing as they admitted liability it would have been just as simple, and I probably would have got the car back quicker as they would have wanted to keep costs down. Rather than building up costs that Auxillis can claim back from the at-fault third party!

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
An update on this, Seat have told me over the phone that they have not given their manufacturer approval to Apollo Motor Company, despite it saying so on their own website.

Just looking for advice on where I stand with this? As per my PCP agreement repairs must be done to Seat standard and surely using a non-approved garage will affect the value when I return the car, especially now as Seat financial services are aware of my repair.

Seat didn’t seem to bothered that Apollo are falsely claiming to be approved by them. They list VW, Audi and others on their website too, who knows if they’re also made up!

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
An update on this, Seat have told me over the phone that they have not given their manufacturer approval to Apollo Motor Company, despite it saying so on their own website.

Just looking for advice on where I stand with this? As per my PCP agreement repairs must be done to Seat standard and surely using a non-approved garage will affect the value when I return the car, especially now as Seat financial services are aware of my repair.

Seat didn’t seem to bothered that Apollo are falsely claiming to be approved by them. They list VW, Audi and others on their website too, who knows if they’re also made up!
I wouldn't worry about the PCP and what it says. As long as its handed back in condition that matches its age and not abused nobody will question anything. At that there's more chance of you trading it and getting another car rather than handing it back and walking away. Very few people take PCP the full term and walk away with no other vehicle.

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
I wouldn't worry about the PCP and what it says. As long as its handed back in condition that matches its age and not abused nobody will question anything. At that there's more chance of you trading it and getting another car rather than handing it back and walking away. Very few people take PCP the full term and walk away with no other vehicle.
Very good point, I wouldn’t hand it back and walk away so I’m sure it won’t matter too much.

Still annoyed at the repairer for continuing to act in their dodgy ways. To anyone reading this in the South, avoid Apollo at all costs!

Still waiting for issues to be resolved but I’m refusing to take it back to Apollo for what would be the 6th time!

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Very good point, I wouldn’t hand it back and walk away so I’m sure it won’t matter too much.

Still annoyed at the repairer for continuing to act in their dodgy ways. To anyone reading this in the South, avoid Apollo at all costs!

Still waiting for issues to be resolved but I’m refusing to take it back to Apollo for what would be the 6th time!
I had a similar problem with an Arnold Clark bodyshop who were audi vw seat and skoda approved. A simple boot repair turned into me rejecting the work a few times and them having my car for a month after filling the whole interior with white over spray. I'll never use a butcher shop repairer again, I always take mine to an award winning local bodyshop who take pride in doing a good job.

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
I had a similar problem with an Arnold Clark bodyshop who were audi vw seat and skoda approved. A simple boot repair turned into me rejecting the work a few times and them having my car for a month after filling the whole interior with white over spray. I'll never use a butcher shop repairer again, I always take mine to an award winning local bodyshop who take pride in doing a good job.
That’s the lesson I’ve learnt the hard way! Will definitely be checking reviews and seeing the repairers people around me would recommend. Such a shame to have a repair where the workers don’t seem to care about our pride and joy!

Reactions: Copra68

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
That’s the lesson I’ve learnt the hard way! Will definitely be checking reviews and seeing the repairers people around me would recommend. Such a shame to have a repair where the workers don’t seem to care about our pride and joy!
It's a shame we have to find out the hard way, these places let apprentices work unsupervised and churn work out to quickly which is the problem.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.