Insurance & Revo - is there any point?

mikejsing

As per other thread i'm thinking of getting my TFSI Revo'd, now to insurance, what kind of hit have you taken on your premium with the added BHP - did you bother letting insurance company know you've had it done?

I think i'd feel happier with the insurance company knowing about it but i'm questioning the point, if the Revo is pretty much undetectable how would the insurance know in the event of a claim? So whats the point of paying the extra?????

Bearing in mind i'm 26, 3 years no claims, using it for buisness, entertainment industry and its parked in London.....all of which means i get Robbed on insurance [:@]

Cheers

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
mikejsing said:
As per other thread i'm thinking of getting my TFSI Revo'd, now to insurance, what kind of hit have you taken on your premium with the added BHP - did you bother letting insurance company know you've had it done?

I think i'd feel happier with the insurance company knowing about it but i'm questioning the point, if the Revo is pretty much undetectable how would the insurance know in the event of a claim? So whats the point of paying the extra?????

Bearing in mind i'm 26, 3 years no claims, using it for buisness, entertainment industry and its parked in London.....all of which means i get Robbed on insurance [:@]

Cheers

About 10% on your premium on ave. tell them that it's chipped and the power increase does not make more than 10% over stock.

Is it worth it? well 10% on the premium is only a few ££ a month.......imagine the Bill if you 'lets say' accidently kill a cyclist the insurers discover the remap and you get sued by the cyclists family etc....your insurance company walk away......doesn;t bare thinking about.

Dealers can;t detect the map as such but they can see certain things don't make sence to them if they study what they are looking at really hard (and if they know what to look for) most dealers don;t care anyway.......it's a remote possibility they would find out......but it is possible.

Last edited:

mikejsing

Ruddmeister said:
About 10% on your premium on ave. tell them that it's chipped and the power increase does not make more than 10% over stock.

Is it worth it? well 10% on the premium is only a few ££ a month.

Surely though in that situation it would be money down the drain because 10% of the published 185bhp isn't 255bhp (after revo) so in theory if they are going to dig hard enough to find the revo then they would also know that you've got far more than a 10% power increase and hence your not insured and they walk away!!!!

Time to ring the insurance company i think..... cheers for the reply

paxman21

Greenlight rock-

£477 without revo 140BHP and £522 with 185BHP= £45 increase!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.