Insurance

Silverfoxxxx

Sep 27, 2018
Hi,

Who are people using for their modified car insurance?, currently struggling with my 2011 Cupra R as it has a wrapped black roof and been told by several companies now they won’t touch it, their fine to charge a premium for the stage 1 50bhp gain but not the no increase to performance big sticker.....

Thanks

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I'm currently with sky car insurance. They insure the value of the mods on top of the price of the car. They actually don't care what I add on anymore!

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Green light. Great for modded cars.
Gets cheaper every year.
They only charge extras on power gains. Can do agreed value.
Last power gain I had they registered for free too. Top bunch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Silverfoxxxx

Deleted member 103408

Adrian Flux are good (I am with them currently) but I will be checking out Green Light on renewall for the Track Day benefit.
Green Light are good and they also do cheap track day insurance but only to insured customers
Chris Knott I have not used because they wont insure anything that is over 100 bhp over stock (which I am)

If you are planning on doing more mods find out if they charge you each time you make a mod.

Reactions: Silverfoxxxx

Jester

Aug 17, 2018
Brentacre. Power-based very affordable premiums, no charges for non-power related mods or mid-term changes.
Used them for a number of cars over the last 5 years and they're always the cheapest.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Forum Sponsor
Sep 27, 2016
Hi.
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. If you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.

Tonezz

Jan 12, 2011
Preston
Chris Knott, it cost me £15 to add a cat-back exhaust on. I remember them saying to add power mods it went up in certain increments.

My renewals always come back higher but I usually manage to get them back down, latest one they quoted about £530 and I instantly got to about £330 on a comparison site and they matched it without question.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.