Intercooler Cores

tashacupra

Next up "twin scroll"
Jul 26, 2007
suffolk
Hay phil, I have been running one of the THS uni fit ones (600x300x76 iirc) for the last two years and I'm very happy with it for the price, it was £120 all in off bay back then but I think you can buy direct now? Quality is not quite as good as forge, but at under half the price i think they are well worth a look, mine seems to flow well and has held up well to the two years of abuse I have given it.

tashacupra

Next up "twin scroll"
Jul 26, 2007
suffolk
Hi, yes the crash bar and the bumper both had extensive cutting, crash bar had most of the middle removed then a new pipe section welded over the top of the cooler (think goal post type of thing) and the bumper had almost everything from the middle removed and mesh put in to protect the cooler from big stones etc.
When I fitted mine I was still running air con (now relocated to the bin:D), but both the main rad and the aircon rad remained in the stock location hence the amount of bumper cutting required, if it's more of a stelth look you are after removing the aircon rad and moving the main rad back should free up enough space to fit the cooler further back so in turn leaving more of the bumper in place.

tashacupra

Next up "twin scroll"
Jul 26, 2007
suffolk
Was it this intercooler ebay130402253333?
as ive been thinking of changing my forge one to something that flows more..

Yep that's the one diff seller but same cooler IMO you can't go wrong for that money it will flow plenty enough for any turbo most of us on here may install on a 1.8t lump.

old yella

Oct 5, 2002
warwickshire
Visit site
both would be brilliant please;). moved washer bottle out to the bin and put a 1liter one in, in process of sorting out cable, box ect to put battery in the boot so should have enough room to run pipe work just an idea of how cooler sits would be very helpfull..
thanks craig..

chris_200120vt

MR carbon fibre
Oct 4, 2008
YEADON, LEEDS
Ok, i looked at moving the rad back last night, i think theres enough room to be honest.

Thanks. :)

alex makes the brackets to move the rad back i bought some a while ago so now the i/c does not run on the piss runs flush with the bumper

001-18.jpg

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Did you end up running with that core phil, as i too need a reasonable size core for a 2871 kit
Planning on welding the pipe work but interested to see if intake temps were ok
Looking at branded coolers but the forge ones are way too much

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Yeah i did. Bloody huge as well. lol.

Everything seems fine as far as i can see, i'd love to swap to a "known" intercooler to see if there is any difference tho.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members