Intercooler or not ?!?!?

monk3y303

Jun 16, 2014
bradford
Hi all looking to increase the pwer in my 05 lcr currently has 234 bhp . Has turbo back cobra exhaust k&n open filter and forge splitter r valve .. and was wondering if actually fitting a front mount is gunna be that benificail like am I guna feel the difference for the price ? Only buying a welly cooler tho. Any one who was got one ur opinoin would be appreciated .. thanks

Sprogpole

Jul 20, 2012
Leicester
Get rid of the Split R valve. It’s a leak every time it blows so it’ll be messing up your fuelling.
Fit the cooler and get a decent map and it’ll feel faster as you’ll get more torque.
You won’t feel any different unless it’s mapped to suit your hardware, it might even make it slower.

monk3y303

Jun 16, 2014
bradford
I know I understand that bit I mean is it gunna make that much of a dofference over the side mounts .. and is there any way to test if the splitter r is leaking . And I could just put it into full recirc mode . Doesnt feel like its leaking I have 1.5 bar of boost

monk3y303

Jun 16, 2014
bradford
I under srand the principle colder air = denser air more oxygen = biger bang etc but . Is there a noticeable gain over the standard side mounts

Sprogpole

Jul 20, 2012
Leicester
Front mount – Yes
Split R – No (even in full recirculating mode they leak)
Turbo intake pipe – Yes
Custom stage 2 map - yes
Tried and tested method on these cars mate.

Av a word with some trusted tuners like Badger 5 or R T E C H

Stage 1 Map with no hardware mods on a LCR sees about 260BHP a big increase in torque and more usable power curve.
Stage 2 Map with your hardware mods and you see even more

monk3y303

Jun 16, 2014
bradford
I have all mods for stage 2 part from the intercooler . Was just debating wether to invest that money into one . As ive seen ppl not bothering run them .. my car is underpowered at the min so really need to get it mapped as I have all the mods for stage 2 and its still running at 234 but was on a warm day

Sprogpole

Jul 20, 2012
Leicester
It dumps air to atmosphere with every close of the throttle.
The noise it makes is the air coming out. That’s a leak!!

monk3y303

Jun 16, 2014
bradford
Not had no eml tho so must be reciculating the correct amount of pressure .. so could I see a preformance gain by fitting say a 007/008 ?

Sprogpole

Jul 20, 2012
Leicester
All of the built up boost should be recirculated. We have MAF.
OEM is very very good and well priced, but if you feel the need to upgrade then 007.

monk3y303

Jun 16, 2014
bradford
Well when it was dynoed he said he thort it was mapped as thw boost spimed at 1.5 bar but it was just a really **** map

monk3y303

Jun 16, 2014
bradford
I was thinking of welly cooler but was gunna gp for next size down which is 550x225x76 as the 600x300 is hidden behind the crash bar so no air would even get to half of it .. looks like I may need to by a new dv valve then urrgh

Sprogpole

Jul 20, 2012
Leicester
Speak to whoever you are going to use to map it.
You might find they recommend a size and type that works well with their software.
Also look at getting a free flowing TIP.

monk3y303

Jun 16, 2014
bradford
Well was guna go with my local have good reveiws . West Yorkshire tuning .. well I would thort the size I suggested would be good bcoz the welly cooler is hidden so no air flow would get to it . Am I right ?