Interior Design

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Just want to create a lighthearted thread about the SEAT interior across the range, more specifically the Leon. Why does it get such bad reviews? I have the Cupra 300 and personally love the interior, with only very few things I would change. I honestly can’t see what’s so “boring” about it. Just want to know everyone’s opinions on it and if there’s anything they would change, this is also something for me to read on my breaks at work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Just want to create a lighthearted thread about the SEAT interior across the range, more specifically the Leon. Why does it get such bad reviews? I have the Cupra 300 and personally love the interior, with only very few things I would change. I honestly can’t see what’s so “boring” about it. Just want to know everyone’s opinions on it and if there’s anything they would change, this is also something for me to read on my breaks at work!

Although it's starting to look dated now I personally don't think that the MK3 interior is bad.

However for such a "sporty" brand I find it a little underwhelming - Especially the CUPRA.

I'd like to see a sportier seat design, new design for the vents and redesign of the infotainment unit.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: cupra300uk

eltawater

Full and wholesome member
May 1, 2008
It's just very flat, angular and drab.

Some curves, dash of colour, chrome or gloss would lift it above the 1980s hifi look.

The megane rs, civic type r, hell even my other halfs 2010 mazda 3 look nicer.

Sent from my SM-J510F using Tapatalk

davidstarkey11

Jun 7, 2015
Newcastle upon Tyne
With a FR Technology I feel my interior is pretty smart, not boring at all. I'm always getting compliments from passengers. Since it is not range topping I wouldn't expect anything else really but I do feel for you Cupra owners, you should be treat to some racing like touches like carbon fibre inserts, more sporty like bucket seats, coloured vent surrounds etc. Just something to set it clearly apart from the FR. Apart from the Cupra flags dotted around, you can't really tell them apart I feel. Something along the lines of the RS3 would be nice.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Perhaps a dash of brushed alumnimum here, suede headlining, bit of chrome there, squishy plastic dashboard feel, oh wait, then it would tread on the toes of VW and Audi! I find the interior very functional, luckilly I only spend time looking forwards, at the speed dials and the Sat Nav screen, which are very useful, and clear...so it doesn't bother me. At least on FRs and Cupras all the buttons are there, and has the climate control, looks cooler and upmarket. Just the SE/TEch, there are way fewer buttons. Only hazard, and start stop off on dash! Looks a bit basic...
Saying that, I think the FR with piano black looks higher end that the Xcellence grey/silver.

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
The only thing I don’t like about the interior of my 300 is the screen.

Having driven a 2017 Golf GTE and a 2018 T Roc (don’t ask!), the screen in the Cupra feels a couple of years behind. I’d love to be able to change mine for one of the VW units...

Photo of the interior of a T Roc for reference:

57a6e2b625a044c7920deacdf5697241.jpg

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
The digital cockpit seems to help a little on the FR and CUPRA, although it's one of their smaller units.

Hopefully the addition of the interior copper detailing will change everything for the MK3 CUPRA

From what I'm led to believe the Tarraco interior is the one to watch for the MK4.

Reactions: Jordan McCabe

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
The digital cockpit seems to help a little on the FR and CUPRA, although it's one of their smaller units.

Hopefully the addition of the interior copper detailing will change everything for the MK3 CUPRA

From what I'm led to believe the Tarraco interior is the one to watch for the MK4.

I’ve got the digital cockpit on my 300 (which is lovely). Sadly the main screen feels a little dated in comparison...

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I’ve got the digital cockpit on my 300 (which is lovely). Sadly the main screen feels a little dated in comparison...

Yeah, the new ones seemingly have glossy surrounds - although they appear to be fingerprint magnets they look better (initially).

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
Yeah, the new ones seemingly have glossy surrounds - although they appear to be fingerprint magnets they look better (initially).

Glossy surrounds, more responsive touchscreen and a higher resolution

Jordan McCabe

Jul 5, 2018
Extra copper coloured stitching throughout might actually help lift the dark feel of the cabin on the Cupra. I think it’ll grow on people the more I’ve thought about it.

It’s hardly any different to my golf R interior and I quite like that.

The new Merc interiors are nice but I think it’s a bit of a gimmick and everyone will get bored of them eventually.

gof

Oct 10, 2016
Croatia
The only thing I don’t like about the interior of my 300 is the screen.

Having driven a 2017 Golf GTE and a 2018 T Roc (don’t ask!), the screen in the Cupra feels a couple of years behind. I’d love to be able to change mine for one of the VW units...

Photo of the interior of a T Roc for reference:

57a6e2b625a044c7920deacdf5697241.jpg

I drove troc and can say facelift leon is far better inside, especially considering soft to touch materials, the troc i drove had full plastic dashboard, door cards which is pretty disappointing since it had quite a bit options listed.
Back on the Leon, I first drove facelift FR fully equipped and now a Cupra 300 with addition of the virtual cockpit and never had a bad comment regarding the interior.
Cupra with bucket seats, alcantara door cards with ambient light and virtual cockpit leaves quite an impression. Recently I attended and event where was bunch of GTIs and Rs and couple of S and RS Audis and since this is probably only Cupra 300 in Croatia all of the guys wanted to take a look and were amazed how good interior is. In the end it’s all down to personal preference. I don’t find it boring and am pretty pleased with it and in comparison to the other hot hatches it’s nice indeed.

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
I drove troc and can say facelift leon is far better inside, especially considering soft to touch materials, the troc i drove had full plastic dashboard, door cards which is pretty disappointing since it had quite a bit options listed.
Back on the Leon, I first drove facelift FR fully equipped and now a Cupra 300 with addition of the virtual cockpit and never had a bad comment regarding the interior.
Cupra with bucket seats, alcantara door cards with ambient light and virtual cockpit leaves quite an impression. Recently I attended and event where was bunch of GTIs and Rs and couple of S and RS Audis and since this is probably only Cupra 300 in Croatia all of the guys wanted to take a look and were amazed how good interior is. In the end it’s all down to personal preference. I don’t find it boring and am pretty pleased with it and in comparison to the other hot hatches it’s nice indeed.

I was literally just referring to the touch screen.

The rest of the interior on my Cupra is spot on

Reactions: gof

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
It would be nice to dynamically change the footwell lighting as well as the door cards.

A bit more ambient lighting would be nice also - the S3 had lighting around the cup holders and door handles - little touches make the difference.

I think ideally the cockpit design with the higher middle center column makes a big difference to the sporty feeling.

gof

Oct 10, 2016
Croatia
It would be nice to dynamically change the footwell lighting as well as the door cards.

A bit more ambient lighting would be nice also - the S3 had lighting around the cup holders and door handles - little touches make the difference.

I think ideally the cockpit design with the higher middle center column makes a big difference to the sporty feeling.

Totally agree but in the other hand this is still the seat and that’s an audi, they must differentiate somehow.

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
VAG do have to be careful of what they allow SEAT design their interiors as they wouldnt want it looking the same as Audi/VW.

Also I would say that the interior is ok, i only really look at infotainment and DIS and the other stuff i'm not too fussed about.

I would say its better to have less distraction anyway!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
VAG do have to be careful of what they allow SEAT design their interiors as they wouldnt want it looking the same as Audi/VW.

Also I would say that the interior is ok, i only really look at infotainment and DIS and the other stuff i'm not too fussed about.

I would say its better to have less distraction anyway!

Have you seen the new Skoda concept for the vision RS? If they're at the bottom of the group and end up with something similar it's looking hopeful for SEAT
ce29ae0ad5be35871df3cbff58185fec.jpg

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Have you seen the new Skoda concept for the vision RS? If they're at the bottom of the group and end up with something similar it's looking hopeful for SEAT
ce29ae0ad5be35871df3cbff58185fec.jpg

I look at Skoda as level with SEAT as they do make sum good looking cars
tbh.

All concept all have these wacky designed interiors. It will probably look something like that, just reigned/dialled down a bit.

As for the new Leon interior, who knows, some say like the Tarraco!

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
I was looking at the Octavia before I decided on the Leon and it's clear that Skoda got the updated infotainment system and 1.5 TSI ahead of Seat this time. Not much to choose over the 1.4 TSI but the screen and system was much better in the Octavia.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members