Interior Door Handle

Mat

Mine is loosing the grey paint that its painted in. And now showing shiny black plastic. (i'm on about right at the opposite end of the window switches are etc)

TBH it's lookin a bit of a mess at the moment. What's the best thing to do? Try and repaint it to grey? Or try and strip the grey off and reveal the shiny black beneath?

Or just go to a breakers and try and find ones in better condition?

djscorch

Innovate, don't imitate
Jun 30, 2006
Manchester
I was looking into this last night, you can get replacements from the dealers but to be honest they get scratched very easily and start looking tatty again, i'm on my second lot. I think someone on here tried scratching all the rubbery stuff off to reveal the black underneath but it looks garbage. I was coming on here to see if anyone had painted them with interior paint - you half beat me to it!

I'll start a new thread, so i don't hijack yours!

Mat

feel free to hijack dude. i aint bothered :D

mine have been scrated for years. doesn't usually bother me, but now and then i sit and stare and think "what a mess it looks" :D

Havok316

Boost Junky
Jun 6, 2006
Weston-super-Mare
Somebody on here has had their door handle surround painted silver to match the colour of their car not sure who it was but im getting mine sprayed red to match the seats ;)

messer

May 5, 2005
I seen a red car with red seats and the handles sprayed red. Looked absolutely pants - dont do it!

Joah

live fast die fun
Jan 29, 2007
i was the silver one:

Picture047.jpg

Mat

wouldn't match my car! think i'd just paint it grey again. or black with red detail!

how did you do it? as in what did you use to prep it, paint it etc? did you sand it or owt to remove the rubberish coatin?

Joah

live fast die fun
Jan 29, 2007
Yeah sanded it with different grades of wet n' dry so the rubber coatin came off, then primer, colour and then laqure.

Mat

what colour do you think i should paint mine?
black or red or both?
or back to standard grey?

was also thinking of trying to re-trim the fabric and get rid of the grey and replace with red (dark red) - what you thing? and is that easy?

Mat

heres a really old pic of the inside of my car

655092_10_full.jpg

I no longer have those seat covers.

anyway, the pic wuality is poo, but you can just about make out the door card. do you reckon that would look ok red? and paint the handles black (maybe put 3 red stirpes on them lol. make it an adidas car lol)

Jun 28, 2001
I no longer have those seat covers.

anyway, the pic wuality is poo, but you can just about make out the door card. do you reckon that would look ok red? and paint the handles black (maybe put 3 red stirpes on them lol. make it an adidas car lol)

glad to hear youve got rid of the covers they look really really really really bad:(

Mat

i was a foolish teen at the time :D

i still have seat covers now (in red and black), but much less "in your face"

Malky

On the lookout
Oct 28, 2001
Livingston
Visit site
I had mines replaced under warranty but that was 6 years ago lol

They look ok painted, as long as its a good job, but they will flake again so its a never ending job.

A mate of mines has a Yellow Ibiza and the chap before him painted them silver. Looks horrendous and its all chipped off and peeling now.