Interior Green Neon Lights

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
Hello all.

Car has just been dropped off at the garage to have my coilovers fitted.

I've got the modding-bug at the moment. I want to install some interior green neon lights along with a switch to control them.

With previous cars, I've spliced into the 12v on the stereo and added a rocker-switch. No problems. I'm somewhat wary about doing that on my Leon - mainly because I actually care about the little sod.

So... my question is. Where is the best place to get a 12v feed? Cigarette lighter? And secondly... has anyone fitted interior lighting? If so.. where did you mount any switches and the lights themselves?

Thanks all.

Count-down to 40mm Leon Cupra.. T-Minus God knows. :D :D :D

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
you could easily do that on the leon if you take it from battery then its a mission getting it into the cab just come off of the light feed for the dimmer on the lights.

also you sure on green considering the cab is mainly red? just an opinion

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
Hmm...... Actually, the :gay: in me just remembered the phrase: Red and Green should never be seen. CURSES.

Red it is, then :'<

That or STROBE LIGHTS!

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
Lucky I'm not in a Saxo or 106 then?

Look - you'll be happy to note I've just decided to buy an N95 instead of the neons - so, yeh :)

May as well delete the thread... or at least but the neons on hold for another miserable Saturday afternoon.

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
As you really do decide to go down this route (an I'm on Gaz's side) then take the bottom portion of the drivers side dash off (6-8 screws dead easy).

Just under the steering rack and to the right (when sat in Drivers seat) is the main distribution point for elec to the car.

You can very easily put ring crimps on wires & then hey-presto power to what ever you really wanna put in your car!!!

If I were you there was someone on here that had LED strips that they mounted under the dash, which gave a nice warm glow into the foot-well's .. much better option IMO

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
Ta for info/advice, guys.

Just had a call from the garage. Even with the shocks adjusted to the minimum 10mm ride-drop.. they're still about 1.5 to 2 inches shy of the wishbone. i.e. they're too short.

Odd, really... considering what I ordered was a Golf GTi Mk4/Leon Cupra adjustable set of coilies... I'm confused. Is it possible the garage are just making a mistake or have I been sent the wrong soddin' setup?

afcajax73

Jun 9, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
i like the neons in the footwell.. i got red in mine at the min.. easy to install.. didnt take mine off the dimmer tho cos i wasnt sure if cold cathode should be dimmed or not...

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
cathodes are very similar to neons...both are fragile....i'd recommend flat tubed SMT style leds if you decide to do it...altho i also agree, it's not really a leon thing

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members