Interior light loose fitting and rattling

wardyw0rld

Jul 9, 2018
Hi

Does anyone know why the interior light in the Leon Mk1 doesn't fit snugly into the head lining?

I thought it was broken, but having found pictures online nothing seems to be missing (was expecting there to be broken off plastic clips)

It rattles like hell when idling and it's driving me mad. Any ideas on how to cure it?

Cheers

Wardyworld

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
If everything is there then it shouldn’t rattle, there is a couple of plastic lugs on the left side and a metal spring clip on the right - offer up & in the left side then push up the right side and it should be a firm click into position. If not you could try prying open the metal spring clip to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wardyw0rld

Jul 9, 2018
If everything is there then it shouldn’t rattle, there is a couple of plastic lugs on the left side and a metal spring clip on the right - offer up & in the left side then push up the right side and it should be a firm click into position. If not you could try prying open the metal spring clip to help.

Ah, I don't have the metal spring clip... Where on the world can I get one of those?

Cheers

Wardyworld

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Can’t see it as a separate part on spares list so might be better with a trip to local scrappies to get one - any similar light will have one

Reactions: wardyw0rld
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members