Interior panel removal

Gray

Jun 28, 2001
York
Does anyone know how to remove the interior panel on the passengers side door. It seems to be mainly held on by clips apart from around the handle where it is held on very securely and therefore i dont want to just pull it.

Would appreciate some help on this one as i need to get it sorted pretty soon.

ModdedCars

Yeah, I would appriciate it too.

Trying to get the card off the rear quarter/speaker cover, wont budge though, and no visible securings.

Don't want to pull too hard, it might not go back!

If only it was like that Citroen C3....or not....

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I just did this today on my Ibiza to get the window mechanism out

I undid the door handle
removed the window winder (poverty spec model)
unscrewed the door lock thing (what is it you replace with turned aluminium bits?)

then slid a screw driver under the trim by the lock mechanism & lifted - it pops a clip undone - they're all the way around. it's a lot easier than you think. but don't bend the door trim - it's not strong at all.

M

Gray

Jun 28, 2001
York
Mark, I did it on my old ibiza and i agree with you that it was pretty easy but the arosa is a different design.

Gray

Jun 28, 2001
York
They hadnt come through by the time that i left yesterday. I am back in the office tomorrow so i will get in touch with you.

Cheers

G.

kingkent69

I just did this today on my Ibiza to get the window mechanism out

I undid the door handle
removed the window winder (poverty spec model)
unscrewed the door lock thing (what is it you replace with turned aluminium bits?)

then slid a screw driver under the trim by the lock mechanism & lifted - it pops a clip undone - they're all the way around. it's a lot easier than you think. but don't bend the door trim - it's not strong at all.

M

erm hi, im trying to replace the window mechanism, but am suufering sum trouble, i can get the plastic cover off but then take all the bolts out of the metal plate i can pull the plate off 1 side of the door but is secured by some white plastic i can barely see, any hints on how to get it off, it appears to be attatched to the lock but not sure

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
  • The door grab handle is made up of 2 parts.
  • You need to prise off the top cover which, is the inner part of the handle.
  • There should then be 2 bolts or screws which, need undoing.
  • The panel then needs pulling quite firmly and when its off you need to unhook the lock cable from a hook in the chromed handle.

Its a bit of a pain getting them off and you will break a few clips in the process so make sure you have about 10 spare clips handy to put them back on with. If your retrimming taking the handles off the doorcards is a Pain in the bum and they are a snug fit when putting them all back in. I hope this helps.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise