Interior rear light bulb - 509t?

Chester

MPG racer
Mar 25, 2002
Peterborough
Hi there,

Can anyone confirm that the interior light fitting above each of the rear passenger doors contains a 509t type bulb (screw type fitting)? If so, does anyone know where I can get an ultra-bright LED 509t from, either frosted or side mounted (as direct will just shine down towards the switch contacts)? Ultraleds don't stock them anymore.

I'm in the process of replacing all of the interior lighting bulbs (already done the door lights which are now significantly brighter). I've made a little ****-up by ordering the wrong type and the ones I've got would stand proud of the fitting if I glued and soldered them in, which is a shame!

Thanks for the help in advance...

xswiftyx

509t fits but you cant get the light unit back in the roof.
I cant check the bulb type for you tomorrow - but there are not many LEDs around that fit.

Chester

MPG racer
Mar 25, 2002
Peterborough
Thanks for getting back to me with the info guys. As it happens, I've been playing with a couple of ideas for fitting something brighter with a different fitment and modifying it to work. So far all attempts have ended up ill fated so to get the lamp holder back in and working, I've asked Stoneacre (my local dealer) for an original bulb.

They've got it wrong twice already! I've now got to go in tomorrow morning with the broken bulb so they can match it. So much for configuration management!

Anyway, very reluctant to use the bulbs off of eBay. I'll get in touch with Ultraleds to see if there's something in the pipeline for a direct replacement. You never know!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise