Intermittent fault. Engine tone changes. Engines feels flat (No power) blue smoke from exhaust.

Neilb123

Oct 8, 2018
Hi chaps new to seat ownership and the forum. But impressed so far with my 2008 fr ppd170.

However I have an issue and I'm not sure which way to go with diagnosing the fault.

Driving home this afternoon I noticed the exhaust note becoming a lot louder more like a deep single tone and the car felt flat like no power.

Also a fair amount of blue smoke from the exhaust. This cleared when I took my foot off the gas and was ok for a bit but returned a little while later.

I got home and led down by the side of the car and pressed the throttle to see of the exhaust was blowing and noticed the blue smoke. I did plug my vcds in but no fault coded were logged.

I hope I've explained it well enough.
I've done a key word search but haven't found anything relating to my symptoms.

Cheers
Neil

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Not a great start to ownership. Did you buy privately or is there a dealer you can take it back to? Blue smoke is a sign of oil being burnt. Could be something like the piston rings knackered letting oil through. Or the valve guide seals failed.

Have you checked the oil level? When was it last serviced (oil/filter change)?

Neilb123

Oct 8, 2018
Not a great start to ownership. Did you buy privately or is there a dealer you can take it back to? Blue smoke is a sign of oil being burnt. Could be something like the piston rings knackered letting oil through. Or the valve guide seals failed.

Have you checked the oil level? When was it last serviced (oil/filter change)?
Cheers for the reply.
I p
Bought the car privately but with good service history. The last service was done 2.5k miles ago.
I did think valve stem oil seals but this would stop once warm. This did it for a short while a couple of times when up to temp.
If it was piston rings I'd expect more blue smoke more often.
I will give it an oil change soon tho

Neilb123

Oct 8, 2018
Ok so my initial explanation was incorrect it's a white smoke. I have since found that it was a dpf regen

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise