Intermittent mirror fold from keyfob

andy_l

Dec 22, 2013
Evening all,

Anyone else suffering with this? Sometimes holding down the keyfob lock button will not fold the mirrors. Doesn't matter what you do, unlock and lock, open and close doors, move mirror switch, deselect and reselect mirror fold on Easy Connect, drive it round the block... It steadfastly refuses to fold the mirrors.

You can even put the mirror switch to fold and they work perfectly. Just not from the damn fob. And then next day it'll be working fine.

One for the list I guess...

Cheers,

Andy

shutcorea

Nov 22, 2011
Mexico
Never happened to me, why dont you code your car with VCDS to fold the mirrors with a single short push on the lock button of the remote?

Stonesie

Apr 28, 2012
Doncaster
I have a similar problem on the MK2, try winding the windows all the way down (press and hold unlock) then all the way back up again (press and hold lock).

On mine it is some software glitch on the rear windows, to clear it they both need winding down all the way then back up.

andy_l

Dec 22, 2013
I have a similar problem on the MK2, try winding the windows all the way down (press and hold unlock) then all the way back up again (press and hold lock).

On mine it is some software glitch on the rear windows, to clear it they both need winding down all the way then back up.

Good point Stonesie, I'll give that a go if its still playing up tomorrow.

andy_l

Dec 22, 2013
I have 'convenience open/closing' of the windows from the keyfob turned off, but opening and closing them all from inside was enough to sort it. Thanks again.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.