Intermittent wipers not working.

Rennie

My intermittent wipers don't work, all the other functions work perfectly. Been told this could simply be down too the relay I've had a look where the fuses box is and don't have anything close too the numbers on the relays that have been quoted while searching through google. Had a search on here and not brought anything up for the Mk4.

Rennie

Yeah bonnet is defo closed, all the other wiper options work just not the intermitent.

Rennie

Ah right cool, I'm not to clued up with seats as I've been in vauxhalls the last couple of years.

Nope hasn't got auto wipers. Thanks for the replys guys :)

Rennie

Can have the setting switch in any position and it does nothing. I've looked where the fuse box is and I have 4 relays can't remember the numbers off the top of my head though.

Rennie

I thought stalk to begin with but when googling it there has been similar problems that people have had where all the other functions work apart from the intermediate wipers and it was the relay, but as say that's just off google so could all be a load of balls. Just didn't want to fork out for a new stalk setup for it to turn out to be a relay.

Rennie

I've just noticed after getting back just now from getting the Missus that the indicators don't flash while locking the car, but do when unlocking.

andycupra

status subject to change
you can check if doors are working correctly by open each in turn and seeing if the interior light etc is operating correctly.
As said by lawrie if the bonnet switch isnt working this may be the cause. try giving it a clean and check it over?

lawrieIbizaMk4

Team Boc!
Aug 31, 2009
Milngavie, Glasgow
www.bebo.com
you can check if doors are working correctly by open each in turn and seeing if the interior light etc is operating correctly.
As said by lawrie if the bonnet switch isnt working this may be the cause. try giving it a clean and check it over?

Interior light is off the door microswitch though, that's why people rarely notice until the intermittent wipers stop working when it's to do with locks.

I completely agree with giving all the locks a clean and grease! Might be worth check the cables for the bonnet lock sensor as well while you're at it :)

andycupra

status subject to change
Interior light is off the door microswitch though, that's why people rarely notice until the intermittent wipers stop working when it's to do with locks.

I completely agree with giving all the locks a clean and grease! Might be worth check the cables for the bonnet lock sensor as well while you're at it :)

the microswitch not being part of the lock? my understanding is they are the same thing. - although i'm basing this on leons and earlier ibizas so unless they updated this for the mk4?

Last edited: