Internals for Big turbo

phil_m

Nov 30, 2005
Suffolk
Everything is from qedpower.com. £1185 posted. No idea how much I'll get stung with taxes tho.

Ryan, thanks for the info. I had noticed that the FP compressor housing looked smaller. I am leaning towards this one the most.

I went for the FP td05H 18G you will need to get a bracket fabricated and welded on to the housing for the actuator, water line bango's also need changing from IHI.

HTC

Sep 2, 2004
Phil, could you post some pictures of the clocked compressor and turbine. I'd heard that the actuator mountings required changing. I'd be interested to see how yours has been done.

Can you explain about the water fittings. I thought after removing the supplied hard pipes the IHI ones would bolt up?

Did you go for the optional wastegate porting?

Last edited:

phil_m

Nov 30, 2005
Suffolk
The water fitting threads are bigger on the TD05, so you just need to get the banjos and bolts changed.

No didn't go for any porting.

here are some pics of the fabricated bracket, should be fitted next week so will let you know about clearance from block.

DSCF1491Small.jpg

DSCF1489Small.jpg

HTC

Sep 2, 2004
Got all my internals from qedpower today. Shipped on Friday, arrived on Monday. I think thats pretty fast from the states!

paul-murphys

efr 6758 here i come
sorry to drag this thread up again but my lcr has an engine ratio of 9.1 but as im changing the pistons an rods an wondering what compression ratio to go for an what gains would get out of changing this, im fitting a k04 hybrid at the min but im sure will go big turbo in future, going for 83mm bore which i believe makes the engine close to a 1.9. any help much apprechiated as been searching an nothing been found. the engine code is bam

would these be ok i know different compression ratios

http://www.intengineering.com/18T-JE-Pistons-IE-Rods-p7205088-1-2.html

http://www.intengineering.com/18T-JE-Pistons-IE-Rods-p6875341-1-2.html

or do i stick with same compression ratio but different bore

http://www.intengineering.com/18T-Wiseco-Pistons-IE-p7666121.html

many thanks

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
9:1 would be ok for hybrid.. and tuned to suit..
8.5:1 maybe on a bigger turbo if you plan to go that route. both CR's will work for you with suitable tuning to match

my ibiza is currently 8.5:1 and its new engine will be 9:1, both with GT35 turbo

paul-murphys

efr 6758 here i come
9:1 would be ok for hybrid.. and tuned to suit..
8.5:1 maybe on a bigger turbo if you plan to go that route. both CR's will work for you with suitable tuning to match

my ibiza is currently 8.5:1 and its new engine will be 9:1, both with GT35 turbo

just a quick question whay are you changine from 8.5.1 to 9.1 an what gains will this see. i want big turbo one day so im guessing either will be fine, also im going 83mm piston which i believe makes close to a 1.9 will i see gains with this??? And how about 9.25.1 been told that's also good

Last edited:

INA

Garrett Super STAR!
Dec 8, 2007
www.inaengineering.com
Ok they engine your making is this going to have standard size bore as I need mine reboring and was going to go 83mm as wanted as close to a 1.9 as possible and being a 1.9 will it add much performance, and will it add much pep off boost of just a little. Thankyou
Increasing displacement whether just the bore or a full out stroker kit will increase your low end torque and a dd a little in the performance department.
God willing I will finally have the engine dyno I always wanted and will document the power levels between a 1781cc , a 1870cc motor , a 1984cc motor , a 2008cc motor and finally a 2067cc motor.