ION's Mk3 Artic Grey Ibiza Cupra K300 312bhp 340ftlb

Aug 22, 2011
aberdeen
hi loon the car looks ace:). quick question where did you get your rod kit from? and how much if you don't mind me asking?

i'm in the process of doing all mine just now so ordering things up shortly.

R4cup

Beef NO Burger
Jul 28, 2006
In the garage
hi loon the car looks ace:). quick question where did you get your rod kit from? and how much if you don't mind me asking?

i'm in the process of doing all mine just now so ordering things up shortly.

Thanks mucka, got my Rod kit from INA which was around the 500 mark ;)

let me know & i can get you the same deal as its abit more for them now i think....

R4cup

Beef NO Burger
Jul 28, 2006
In the garage
Not alot been happening of late

Replaced water pump & thermostat, went for awesomegti's one which runs abit cooler than stock.

R4cup

Beef NO Burger
Jul 28, 2006
In the garage
Hi Mate just to let you know i have ordered rods :) went through WOT motorsport and he orders from 034 motorsport US. cheers.

Nice mate, are u changing anything else while your at it?

My water pump failed not too long after i rebuilt my engine so may be worth doing that also as it so much easier with engine apart

Aug 22, 2011
aberdeen
ah lots of new bits. I'm rebuilding the head with new valve stems, new piston rings, new gaskets throughout (ofcourse), gates racing belt. and think i may fit a WOTbox now i have the new rods :). I only replaced the water pump March this year with a new uprated metal one so that should be ok :).

I have removed the SAI, the Aircon and the carbon canister whilct my engine all out :). Just need a better intercooler now instead of the silly forge one. But i still want the car to look subtle and OEM so no widemouth i think.

R4cup

Beef NO Burger
Jul 28, 2006
In the garage
ah lots of new bits. I'm rebuilding the head with new valve stems, new piston rings, new gaskets throughout (ofcourse), gates racing belt. and think i may fit a WOTbox now i have the new rods :). I only replaced the water pump March this year with a new uprated metal one so that should be ok :).

I have removed the SAI, the Aircon and the carbon canister whilct my engine all out :). Just need a better intercooler now instead of the silly forge one. But i still want the car to look subtle and OEM so no widemouth i think.

Sounds good mate & yeh the forge cooler start's to be a let down once you go past the k03s stage

R4cup

Beef NO Burger
Jul 28, 2006
In the garage
Came home from work today & these were waiting for me :D

8072151183_99a66b5ab7_c.jpg

8072151913_09ccfc8218_c.jpg

Car needed these many years ago

R4cup

Beef NO Burger
Jul 28, 2006
In the garage