Iphone connectivity issue 2014 fr

Aug 9, 2019
HI

Got a 2014 tech pack mk3 leon

Bit of an odd one this. When i got the car the iphone connectivity and music through the head unit worked via the mdi to usb with a proper apple cable. Nothing has changed physically but its stopped working and just doesn't show up on the media menu. The car went in to have some work done (physical) and it hasn't worked since. No need for them to mess about with the stereo.

The iphone hasnt changed, except for updates and have tried other peoples iphones and cables but it still wont work. Oddly the iphone still charges through the usb and when swapping the mdi out to the mdi with the old ipod connector it works with an old ipod. Any one got any ideas how to sort this as it is a bit frustrating?

Hag

Sep 15, 2018
Do you not use Bluetooth streaming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 9, 2019
I do but if i want to change the music etc its annoying as i have to wait until stationary to do it. Instead of just doing it through the steering wheel

Hag

Sep 15, 2018
I can change tracks etc through Bluetooth just not albums etc via the radio or steering wheel

Aug 9, 2019
Yeah thats what i mean but if i want to change album or playlist i cant do that. Tracks change fine on steering wheel control. Just a bit frustrating as i don't know why it stopped working.

Hag

Sep 15, 2018
Yeah thats what i mean but if i want to change album or playlist i cant do that. Tracks change fine on steering wheel control. Just a bit frustrating as i don't know why it stopped working.

Yeah I bet. Have you asked the dealer?

Aug 9, 2019
No its well out of warranty so figured they would want money t o fix It had a minor bodywork repair when it went in but wasn't a seat dealer just a body shop

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
iOS 11 broke it on my car. I was using the Audi cable so that I got album artwork.

iOS 12 beta fixed it again and it continued to work with iOS12. cant comment on iOS13 as I now have the MIB2 unit with Apple Play. Have to admit I preferred my old MDI cable setup till iOS13 beta updated the Apply Play GUI.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
iOS 11 broke it on my car. I was using the Audi cable so that I got album artwork.

iOS 12 beta fixed it again and it continued to work with iOS12. cant comment on iOS13 as I now have the MIB2 unit with Apple Play. Have to admit I preferred my old MDI cable setup till iOS13 beta updated the Apply Play GUI.

Totally agree with ios13 beta comment. Apple car play and Spotify is now as it should have been

Reactions: Damo H

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
Have you tried resetting the media and full link settings in the menu on the car then set up the phone connection again? And holding power button on the infotainment until it restarts? Mine done this and these steps fixed it .

Aug 9, 2019
Fyi i sorted this in the cheats way as i don't have full link. No idea how it worked before. Just bought the green collar mdi to lightening cable off ebay. Just keep the phone in the glovebox and works a treat

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Fyi i sorted this in the cheats way as i don't have full link. No idea how it worked before. Just bought the green collar mdi to lightening cable off ebay. Just keep the phone in the glovebox and works a treat
If you want album artwork I have the red collar one ;) think it’s probably at the bottom of the for sale forum lol

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise