iPhone request

Dillinja

Throbbing Member
May 16, 2003
Beds
Visit site
Hi,

Might seem like a strange request, but I was wondering if you could you create an iPhone Web Icon for your site? Then if any iPhone or Ipod Touch users add a link on their homescreens they get a smart icon rather than a mini screen dump which looks naff. The seat badge would be very cool.

It's very straightforward, you basically create a little 57 by 57 png and dump it in your web root. Job done! Here's how exactly:

http://vjarmy.com/archives/2008/01/howto_iphone_webclip_icons.php

Cheers all! :p

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I've done one, its ok only so much you can do with a little 57x57px space. But it appears to work ok on my iPod Touch.

apple-touch-icon.png

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I could simplify some of my vector artwork and try that. 3/4 view of the car shown above in the header?

If you want to Andy, just send me over the file and I can upload it. Just be sure to leave about 3-4pixels of clear space all the way round the image. It tends to crop it otherwise.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
1. Make sure your upto date on the firmware. 1.1.4 i think is the latest, connect via iTunes and do an update

2. Open Safari on the iPod Touch or iPhone and browse to www.seatcupra.net

3. Press the + (bookmark button) at the bottom of the screen.

4. Press Add to Home Screen button.

5. Give it a name, i shortened mine to SCN

6. Hit return, it should now be on your Home Screen. Press it once to be taken straight to SCN in Safari.

If you want to move or delete it, press and hold it for a second. All the buttons on the home screen will get jiggy with it. :) You can move it around or even shift it over to another screen left or right. Indicated by the small white dots.

Or to delete, once the buttons are jiggling, press the X to the top left of the button you want to bin.

To stop the buttons jiggling, just press the home switch at the bottom of the ipod

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2007
Reading
updated the software, however you guys obviously got the software upgrade, not just the update. to add an icon to your home screen you need the upgrade - priced at £12.99.

I got mine for christmas!

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Andy has done us a new graphic to use. Just a shame were limited to 57x57, but it looks ok try it on your iPhones/iPods and see how it displays.

I've not got my iPod with me today so I can't look until later.

apple-touch-icon.png

P33ULC

Feb 19, 2008
Kilmarnock, Ayrshire
Iphone is absolute pants. I lost the rag with mine after it lost reception for about the millionth time and launched it. Smashed the screen and it started making weird noises. I killed it.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.